Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Offensive woes... not based on just this game today....

December 05, 2021 02:59PM
and not that I'm the first to mention some of this. I think it's a combo of 4 things.

1. Loss of Woods
2. Addition of OBJ
3. The impact the above two things had on Stafford
4. The impact the 1st two things had on McVay

Loss of Woods needs no explanation.

Addition of OBJ is more complex. I don't blame OBJ... but just stepping into Woods shoes, (even if a different specific role), is a lot to ask. His role since coming aboard has been limited, true, but I think still too much emphasis placed on him... too early.

Impact on Stafford... Stafford wasn't just thrown off balance by the above, he was knocked completely off his feet. Yes some of his throws have been bad, VERY bad... but that's what happens when you're suddenly stripped of a training camp of work plus preseason and then 8 regular season games.

McVay didn't need nor should he have looked to OBJ as more than he could be out of the blocks. Without many OBJ in on many snaps targets still changed; with more OBJ snaps this continued.

2nd half of today's game IMHO showed the first signs or a return to form... 'routes and primary targets'. Not that it all went great... ya can't just go back a month overnight. But, and IMHO, it WAS a sign, a good sign, or getting back in a groove. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Offensive woes... not based on just this game today....

JamesJM232December 05, 2021 02:59PM