Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

But we don't know how talented they all are

December 02, 2021 10:18AM
I don't think it's just a case of those guys are great and having to sit. Hopkins was a 4th round pick I believe and had some negatives coming into the draft if I recall. Lots of 4th round picks don't work ou. Burgess - I have no idea, he had great college tape and is very versatile. For whatever reason the coaches don't want him out there. They see him every day in practice, etc so I'll have to trust them with that.

As far as Michele - this was an emergency signing after Akers went down and the back-ups as well. There's a reason that New England let him walk. They had better options. He's not an explosive back anymore and is best suited to short yardage.

I think it's kind of silly to think that the Rams coaches are deliberately trying to keep these guys off the field and stress every starer out.

The real culprit is a lack of true depth. It's one thing to see names on a depth chart and declare them unused assets, it's another to have real options. This falls on Snead / McVay off-season decisions. Rather than pay for Jackson they could have used that money to keep Troy Hill. And did they really think a 7th round RB with damaged knees was a better option than Malcom Brown. Imagine if we had him instead of Michel right now - he was good at the goal line and very good pass catcher.

Don't get me started on the Tutu pick. Even if we didn't go center, were there no better options at the spot for a LB, or safety?

This downtown Rams guy sounds like just another fan with a blog post. I don't think he adds anything to discussions of the Rams
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The LA Rams have talented players not seeing playing time. Why?

Rams43391December 02, 2021 08:44AM

Re: The LA Rams have talented players not seeing playing time. Why?

Ramfan21137December 02, 2021 09:34AM

But we don't know how talented they all are

promomasterj257December 02, 2021 10:18AM

Re: But we don't know how talented they all are

SoCalRAMatic188December 02, 2021 01:33PM