Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your frustration is warranted...but

November 30, 2021 08:27AM
JoeMad
The PICK 6 he threw vs Tennessee after he foolishly threw an int from his own end zone while spinning backwards?

Or the PICK 6 in SF after throwing a hanger to OBJ ?

Or the PICK 6 by Douglass in GB ?

Maybe the one that bounced off of Higby in SF, but Stafford had a few more missed targets that should have resulted in more picks in GB and SF

Good quarterbacks do not play like that in 3 consecutive games, especially with a bye week to prepare. He also sucked vs AZ.

Stafford has no intangibles to win.
It's not entirely true to say that great QB's haven't gone through horrible stretches. For example, Kurt Warner. The first 3 games of '02, when injuries weren't a primary issue, he really struggled. His time in NY and AZ had rough spots too.

Dak threw 4 pick-6's in '17. Rivers threw 5 in '15. Palmer threw 5 in '10. It happens. Good or bad, that's just what you get with Stafford. He is on the list multiple times. Which isn't a good thing but my point is that it shouldn't be a surprise to our coaches. It seems untenable right now but Stafford just goes through this throughout his career. Sadly, it's the bad we have to take with the good. Hopefully, like in Warner's case, there is a late career evolution where Stafford retains his production but prioritizes ball security.

Which is largely on him but I do put some of it on McVay. I think it's unforgivable that McVay has recreated the environment that Stafford had in Detroit. It is he who is abandoning the running game and he, who hired Morris. Not to mention the special teams issues that still plague us. Stafford's got the bullseye on his back but he's still played at a high level for much of the year.

Guys, even greats do struggle in new systems. Brady just last year had a stretch of 3 out of 4 losses, a 3 INT game and ratings of 40, 62 and 96 during that stretch. All is not lost. I know that I've thought guys were toast before and they had lost it. Many times they turn things around when you'd think it was just over. Stafford...and the team is struggling, no doubt. But they are also having to adjust to the league's adjustments. I think it's just as possible to think that we just got spoiled with the fast start. A learning curve was inevitable, especially with the league taking particular notice.

The Chiefs got figured out, the Cowboys did too. Brady struggled his first year in TB during the middle of the season. Rodgers wasn't Rodgers in '17 when LaFleur showed up. We are going through a rough patch but it's far better to have it happen now when there is still time to figure things out. It isn't over yet. winking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stafford’s Pick 6???

LaloRam423November 29, 2021 07:22PM

Re: Stafford’s Pick 6???

moklerman250November 29, 2021 10:43PM

Re: Good points…

LaloRam259November 30, 2021 04:51AM

Which PICK 6 are referring to?

JoeMad209November 30, 2021 04:57AM

Re: Which PICK 6 are referring to?

Arkansas Ram170November 30, 2021 07:57AM

Your frustration is warranted...but

moklerman144November 30, 2021 08:27AM

Anybody know the Ram QB record for pick 6's in a season. He's got to be at least flirting with it. nm.

Saguaro262November 30, 2021 03:28PM

Record is 4, Austin Davis (2014) and Kurt Warner (2000)

JimYoungblood53169November 30, 2021 03:33PM

So he's tied for the record with 6 games to go? nm.

Saguaro323November 30, 2021 03:35PM

yes,

JimYoungblood53268November 30, 2021 03:47PM

By the way, this is something Lions fans mentioned in their forum before the season.

Saguaro244November 30, 2021 03:39PM

Re: By the way, this is something Lions fans mentioned in their forum before the season.

Ramsdude186November 30, 2021 03:54PM