Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A few interesting tweets about Stafford and they may be related to each other…

November 29, 2021 10:01PM
While I haven't been happy with Stafford, I'm more puzzled than convinced of anything just yet. It's easy to say he sucks but he's still putting up night and day numbers compared to the previous few years for the Rams. The untimely errors are obviously the problem more than the cumulative numbers but what puzzles me are the cold starts. I keep hoping that they do something to get him off to better starts but every game it seems that he either misfires with accuracy for a quarter or throws a pick which have both led to the Rams being behind the 8-ball.

So, what's causing these early game jitters? It makes sense to me that if his back is a chronic issue, he's just always going to be tight to start and take some time to loosen up. Which sucks but they should start compensating for it. Run it more, screen passes...something. If it's nerves, there is no hope. Which I don't think is the case. Stafford has been around too long and proved he can handle a reasonable amount of pressure. I don't imagine that it's focus either, but if it is, I guess he could be coached up with the right coaching.

I think the interceptions will be "fixed" when the Rams re-establish their running game. They just can't put Stafford in as many bad situations. I.E. passing SO much. But, if McVay continues his Martz emulation, they will be passing like crazy against a bad Jags team and then have a good game and give themselves a false sense of accomplishment. They'll act like things are back on track and the passing is actually working when we all know that once it's against a good team, those old problem will just resurface.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few interesting tweets about Stafford and they may be related to each other…

Rams43357November 29, 2021 06:20PM

Here’s another…

Rams43162November 29, 2021 06:25PM

yes and no

Stafford9188November 29, 2021 06:37PM

And another…

Rams43192November 29, 2021 06:52PM

Same guy

JimYoungblood53192November 29, 2021 07:33PM

+1...

LMU9377November 30, 2021 03:07AM

Re: A few interesting tweets about Stafford and they may be related to each other…

moklerman320November 29, 2021 10:01PM