Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 11 ... Packers at Lambeau

November 29, 2021 11:45AM
So ... first off, this is the first game I've finished in 4 weeks so I was happy to get 4 quarters of football. Of course I had to pick my son up from practice and missed the first 10 minutes ...

I DEFINITELY do not have the same perspective as many of the posters I've seen so far.

What I believe to be true is that we're finding ourselves as an offense after losing multiple pieces going back to PS. I said at the beginning of the year that this year would be defined by injuries and if you're playing fantasy football you know I was right. Some teams revolve around one player ... ours is not that ... every player is important and the chemistry matters. Losing Woods was not a trivial loss, because Van can't do everything he did. the main thing? Woods makes adjustments to errant throws without breaking stride, so much so that we'd barely notice the pass was off. So OBJ and Van need to get chemistry with Matt and I believe that will happen. We're basically in a mid season rebuild. And that's not mentioning that we have no depth when we usually rotate receivers to keep them fresh.
There were like 8 plays that didn't go our way that could have ... and if two of those do we likely win the game. And likely 2-3 missed calls by refs.

The Great I usually don't do this in losses but it matters this week.

1) Two deep ball TDs. Multiple things to note here ... OBJ still has wheels. And? Van Jefferson has proven to me that he can run away from people. He tends to pull away the further downfield he gets and create more separation when most DBNs would be closing back in on him... like he tracks the ball at full speed rather than slowing a tad when he starts to turn his head. Green Bay has not been torched like that often.

The Good

2) We didn't give up. After 2 frustrating losses we could have seen some start to lose their composure. I didn't see that.

3) I thought Darious Williams showed up nicely.

4) Rochell being johnny on the spot for the fumble recovery on the punt.

5) Von Miller sighting.

6) I thought Fuller was more visible this week as well.

7) Gaines was disruptive and stout. Filling in for SJD nicely.

8) OBJ getting more comfy, and more importantly, gutting it out through back spasms or whatever that was.

9) Watching Kupp continue to shrug off tacklers like he's a 265 pound TE.

10) Defense holding Rodgers to field goals how many times? 3? 4?

11) Darrell Henderson being a threat to catch TDs ... how many does he have now? And that was some throw and catch.

The Bad

12) Okay ... where to begin. Let's start at the 4th and 1 on our own 29 ... my issue is not the call. It's that it was a run play when there was a lane over the left guard for Matt to sneak it.

13) Stafford flat missing throws, as I will put it here every week until he cleans it up. Yeah, Woods would have made the catch that bounced off Van's helmet, but the Higbee pass landing at his feet? Missed by 3 yards ... that's a lot.

14) The call to hand off to Henderson at the end of the game before the FG. That play should be an out to get out of bounds or go to the end zone.

15) Off coverage on St. Brown on that 3rd and 3 at the end of the game? Dude isn't a deep threat. That first down was the sealant.

16) Hats off to Davante Adams. Curious to see if he or Justin Jefferson are better ... I think Jefferson may surpass him.

17) Whitworth wasn't ready enough for Rashaan Gary at the beginning of the game, that strip sack was on him. Guy is a backup but still a heck of an athlete.

The Ugly

18) 3 game losing streaks are ugly.

19) Koski, YOU HAVE ONE JOB.

20) Staring down Kupp leading to a pick 6.

21) A pick 6 in 3 straight games. Is that true?

22) Did Michel fumble at the beginning of the game? If so that's FOUR Turnovers? I can't believe it was even close.

I'm sure I'm missing something.

College

23) Hope you all caught those games. These RBs this year are something special ... especially the 2024 draft class.I hope they don't wear out the tread on them. Any guesses on the 4th slot in the CFP? I have UGA, Michigan and Cinci as locks ... I'm actually happy for Harbaugh. He seems to have matured and been humbled. I don't know if 4 matters, just "Hey which team wants to be blown out by UGA?"

Anyway, comments and questions welcome as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 11 ... Packers at Lambeau

alyoshamucci443November 29, 2021 11:45AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 11 ... Packers at Lambeau

Ekern55178November 29, 2021 12:32PM

RBs

alyoshamucci272November 29, 2021 03:28PM

I agree with you here

Drew2839190November 29, 2021 05:23PM

I like Charbonnet

Deadpool321November 29, 2021 03:48PM

Re: I like Charbonnet