Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: One thing that killed this season

November 29, 2021 04:22AM
nicecatchellard
chico n da rams
nicecatchellard
I think the tutu pick was the dagger into this promising season. Once that pick was made I was utterly confused on what type of team mcvay was trying to field this year. I couldn't have predicted this epic meltdown of a highly talented team. But his philosophy on what we needed to take this team over the top and to prioritize a player like tutu should have told me that mcvay is bat @#$%& crazy. We go for a total reach of the most finesse player available that has no physicality to his game and pass up really good young o line prospects for him shows exactly why we are getting pushed around by more physical teams.

I hear you & agree, but it's deeper than just Tutu. It's the type of player(s) they've targeted for the oline & dline over the last 3-4 years. It appears they value mobility over physicality. And that is biting them big time right now.

Yeah it has been going on for awhile now for I agree. Complete neglect for physical type of players has made this team soft on offense.
There's something else going on, though. Our OL is one thing but look at our DL. Those guys are getting pushed around too. This team is soft and it isn't just a lack of size. They don't play with fire or determination and regularly fail to live up to their ability. And I don't think's it's because they're physically overmatched. The culture may have soured and that's a real problem. "We not me" seems to just be lip service at this point.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

One thing that killed this season

nicecatchellard484November 28, 2021 06:53PM

chico n da rams177November 28, 2021 07:01PM

nicecatchellard253November 29, 2021 03:10AM

moklerman180November 29, 2021 04:22AM

Classicalwit267November 29, 2021 04:49AM

unfortunately I think that pick...