Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had some doubts from the start

November 27, 2021 03:57AM
I didn't really think the acquiring of Stafford would make us a "lock" for the SB like some did and I am one of the biggest "homers" you will find! lol

In fact, I really don't like all the articles anointing us the "champs" or a SB favorite before we even played a game! I also am not a fan of "dream teams". They seldom, if ever work and sometimes it seems we are trying to build a "dream team" instead of trying to build a "real team".

I was worried about Stafford not knowing the offense and not having any timing with our WR's. After all, McVay doesn't play starters in preseason so their chances to gain some familiarity with them.

Now add the fact the our "smartest" WR goes down and we bring in ANOTHER guy who doesn't know our offense and has not timing with our QB and our chances of winning it all just dropped.

IMO, our biggest issue is Woods' injury. He was a HUGE piece of our offensive success and we now see that. OBJ can be as good or better but is NOT the same type WR Bobby Trees was. Therefore, IMO, McVay might have to "adjust" his offense for now. We just can't run the same type plays with OBJ.

A good run game will help Stafford and OBJ the most IMO which for some reason McVay hasn't been understanding. rolled eyes smiley

My guess is that we start to see a better game plan starting this week. McVay is not stupid and hears all the "chatter" about not running and also was destroyed on National TV by a RUN game. I think he will make some changes.

Having said that, It takes time for a team to gel. The more they play together, the better they will be. Add some better play calling and I am pretty confident we will be playing better football in week 18 than we are now.

So, to answer your question, lol, yes. I think some might have been expecting too much early on. With all the changes in in players and coaches during the off season made ME be concerned. I had a feeling we would be "off" and not firing on all cylinders right away. However, I have a feeling by the end of the season, we will look like a different team.

If we stay healthy and McVay adjusts, we have as good a chance to win it all as anyone this year but I do think we will be a better team next year than this year.

What I DO know is that is GREAT being able to even discuss being a SB contender after all those years of losing so let's all enjoy this ride! It's a GREAT time to be a Rams fan! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we expecting to much from this team this year?

Stafford9351November 26, 2021 04:16PM

Not giving up on this year yet...but

RamsDynasty213November 26, 2021 04:25PM

ditto

Stafford9150November 26, 2021 04:45PM

Re: Are we expecting to much from this team this year?

troublefree296November 26, 2021 05:00PM

Killrazor138November 26, 2021 10:38PM

Re: Are we expecting too much from this team this year?

moklerman186November 27, 2021 01:45AM

Morris HAS to let our DBs jam their WRS or our D line will be moot.

Ramgator255November 27, 2021 02:46AM

Re: Morris HAS to let our DBs jam their WRS or our D line will be moot.

moklerman168November 27, 2021 03:52AM

napoli305November 26, 2021 07:18PM

Had some doubts from the start

Ramsdude140November 27, 2021 03:57AM

Leoram187November 27, 2021 06:03AM

Ramstien93November 27, 2021 06:15AM