Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matt LaFleur: Packers will “absolutely not” replace kicker Mason Crosby

November 22, 2021 01:30PM
Hmmm, inconsistent kicker? Missed a chip shot IN DOORS on Sunday. Will he be a liability outside for them? I sure hope so!

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 22, 2021, 5:57 PM EST
Link

Packers kicker Mason Crosby is just 2-for-6 on field goals over the last three weeks, but his job is not in jeopardy.

That’s the word from Packers coach Matt LaFleur, who said today that his team will “absolutely not” replace Crosby.

Crosby made a 54-yard field goal in Sunday’s loss to the Vikings, but he also missed a 32-yarder. LaFleur hinted that the snap and hold may not have been perfect on the miss.

“That never falls squarely on on individual,” LaFleur said. “Our operation has to improve. From the snap to the hold to the kick. So we’ll continue to work on that. But certainly have a lot of confidence in Mason, never would’ve sent him out there if we didn’t on a 54-yarder. That shows the level of confidence we have in him and on the entire group to execute, and they executed. But you have to make the chip shots.”

Crosby has made just 65 percent of his field goals this season, the second-lowest mark of his 15-year career. But his job remains safe.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude130November 22, 2021 01:30PM