Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Question-Sophie's Choice

November 16, 2021 09:12AM
I don't think we have a weak O-Line so much as game plans that seem erratic....I mean I saw us get some nice yards on the ground but Sean wouldn't play that game. I saw Matthew throwing some bad balls when really no hard pressure was being pushed. Yes they went all out at the end 31-7 and got to him and blew up Havs and Edwards.....They've always had an issue on commanding the LOS on short yardage with/without Goff/Stafford and even longer than that IMO.

Being physical IMO is having the mindset to be aggressive, I have seen this very line open some holes, and even get to that second level looking for some contact so they CAN do it and when they do they speak on LIKING it. It's all about being the team dictating to the other team....IMO if you want to dictate the run game you must start with it and stay with it.

As far as the D line goes they are missing SJD immensely......Gains is doing well, but not near SJD level and Copeland, IMO I can see why he's so low down the roster, but they need the body. Maybe they should have addressed that inner line over Miller, time will tell when he settles in. Aggressive mindset encompasses the D as well, this passive "shell" they play in the backend doesn't IMO ask for aggressive play. If you're not aggressive it leads to missed tackles and grabbing, it leads to teams having 3rd and 5-7 yards and giving them up, that leads to long drives...we all know where those end up going and doing.

IMO that is the demise of Darious Williams, last year so aggressive, making plays on the ball, being instinctive....he's not doing it any more, he's sitting down in a spot and moving to the man AFTER the ball arrives, sometimes making the tackle, several times whiffing....either way no more is he making that stretch play to an acrobatic INT, breaking up passes etc.....Only guy doing that game in and out is Ramsey and half the time they have him rushing the QB. Only other guy showing any aggressive play is Deayon and looks like Morris doesn't want him out there too much (didn't see him anyway).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question-Sophie's Choice

waterfield321November 16, 2021 07:55AM

chico n da rams104November 16, 2021 08:17AM

roman1894November 16, 2021 09:12AM

Deayon wasn't active last night

21Dog63November 16, 2021 09:57AM

Go figure.......

roman18130November 16, 2021 10:07AM

Listed as injured