Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I seem to remember Morris in his last pre game conference call...

November 16, 2021 06:45AM
The coaching brain trust have no concept of time. The McVay chunk play score quick system is a horrible mesh with Tampa 2, bend but don’t break, let them drive the ball for 10 minutes. The only way McVay’s offense to win is create a track meet. That means the defense needs to be aggressive and keep time on the clock and keep the Rams’ offense on the field. Waiting on the sidelines for 10 minutes getting cold and out of synch through atrophy?

These guys don’t see that their unit philosophies are a game arc mismatch?

Here’s an anecdote I’ve heard and it might be a real account of past events.

What I was told is that the offensive coordinator, Don Coryell, at Whittier College was yelling at the defensive coordinator, George Allen, to let the other team score. He figured he could put up two scores to match the opponent’s one score, but, George Allen being who he is, was facing up the opponent and slugging it out while valuable time ran off the clock.

If there’s a quick fix to the Rams doledrums it’s to have Morris play a stacked box, run stuffing defense and tight man coverage. If the other team scores on a big play, well, the tenor of the game just became a track meet and McVay can work within that structure.

We Not Me
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I seem to remember Morris in his last pre game conference call...

roman18238November 16, 2021 06:31AM

Ekern5595November 16, 2021 06:45AM

RamsAl48114November 16, 2021 06:46AM

Ramsdude194November 16, 2021 06:51AM