Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My new nickname for the Rams Head Coach is McXBox.

November 15, 2021 07:29PM
For college I’m a Notre Dame fan (but slowly losing interest with Brian Kelly) and I can’t tell you how excited I was when the Fighting Irish hired Charlie Weis. This was before Spygate, mind you, but I figured a guy who coached Brady and has three super bowl rings was a can’t miss hire.

Well, he was horrible. His coaching fundamentals were abysmal. The line couldn’t block. His defenses couldn’t stop anyone and there were basic things like tackling that the team was beyond poor at.

Now we all know his success with the Patriots was due to cheating and knowing what defense he was facing presnap.

But he was a guy who said in the press conference for his hire that he brought a decided strategic advantage to his new team. He was all scheme.

Now, keeping with the Irish there, Bob Davie would relate this half time speech from Lou Holtz: the only adjustments we’re making is to tighten our chin straps. Laugh at the caveman mentality, but Holtz won and competed for National Championships. Weis?? He couldn’t carry Holtz’s whistle. Weis was all scheme and Pete Carroll owned him and physically manhandled a Midwest team that had no business trying to play XBox games.

This is how I see McXBox. He thinks he can outscheme any opponent. His drafts do not select players that embody toughness. Where’s the Steven Jacksons, where are the Youngbloods and the Greenes?

Sometimes coaches won’t select alphas because they’re afraid they’re get alpha’d. Well, then you go into battle with betas and get humiliated.

It’s time for McXBox to understand toughness wins this game by emasculating your opponent. Teams are not outscheming him. They’re beating him up and keeping his prized possession chunk play offense on the sidelines creating anxiety in McXBox and his offensive team.

McXBox needs to join Fight Club and learn to stand up to bullies.

We Not Me
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My new nickname for the Rams Head Coach is McXBox.

Ekern55296November 15, 2021 07:29PM

It appears we have no team speed and honestly aside from OBJ

Stafford9178November 15, 2021 07:39PM

Re: It appears we have no team speed and honestly aside from OBJ

Ekern5584November 15, 2021 08:27PM