Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I the only one who always thinks of the 1989 NFC Title when we play at Frisco??

November 15, 2021 05:09AM
And who else thinks that if Lott does not deflect a 10 to 0 Rams lead, the Rams win that day AND HIGHLY probable the Super Bowl. I have never seen the Rams emotional bubble burst quicker than when Lott made that play. They were DRAINED after FOUR straight playoff wins, with three on the far East Coast. I have always counted the Jets at Anaheim and at New England as playoffs. HAD to win those.

Just 2-3 months ago, I rewatched a large portion of that 89 Title. The Rams were going toe to toe with Frisco. Moving the ball, creating turnovers. Niners were doing NOTHING special...............till Lott's play. Even AFTER that, the Niners did not really do anything ground breaking. The Rams simply looked slower and almost not interested. The Phantom Sack was just one of several WTF moments that day. Everett had been hit a LOT harder in the prior two weeks. ESPECIALLY the Giants game...and did not get rattled.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Am I the only one who always thinks of the 1989 NFC Title when we play at Frisco??

Ramgator150November 15, 2021 05:09AM

Or the Monday night game that same year in 89

Speedball8949November 15, 2021 01:35PM

UUUGH!!! Watched that from my USAF dorm in Blytheville, Ark! DENNIS HARRAH!!!

Ramgator51November 15, 2021 01:41PM

Re: Am I the only one who always thinks of the 1989 NFC Title when we play at Frisco??

Leoram52November 15, 2021 02:22PM

Re: Am I the only one who always thinks of the 1989 NFC Title when we play at Frisco??

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram46November 15, 2021 02:31PM