Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the stronger Ram's unit, Offense or Defense?

November 08, 2021 07:25AM
Poll
What is the Rams superior unit?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
6 votes were received.
Defense2

33%
Offense4

67%
Special Teams (you're kidding right?)0

0%

Funny during the early part of the season, the "summer of Stafford" it was all, he is better than McVay even imagined. No need for all that Goff protecting play action, just let Stafford see the field in empty sets, lets even forget about the running game. Sure DJax flashed but dang with this mighty passing attack Van is just as good. OL so dominant Titans got Tanney sacked more times in first game that Stafford has been sacked all year. People are making Kupp comparisons to Moss in his prime. Also this board was full of bemoaning about Staley's departure and Morris' total wasting of all this defensive talent. Playing soft coverage, misusing Ramsey, ect ect. There was more fire Morris talk than fire the ST coach (a complete unsatisfactory mess).

After last night and I know prisoner of the moment but hear me out, I think just like last year the Rams defense is the strength of the team. It is the unit that boasts 3 guaranteed Hall of Famers. It is the group less likely to be figured out and less likely to collapse. I excuse the early season extra soft coverage on not trusting the safeties and a little regression from DW, and integration of a new slot corner. Also it was probably best to play it conservatively with most of your defense while converting one of you most powerful weapons, Ramsey, to a new position. Now with the integration of Von, I only see the defense getting better and better as our young secondary gets more accustomed to their duties. This defense pretty much hides the weaknesses of off the ball linebacker.

The offense however still has issues. Certain types of DLinemen can wreck McVay's game plans and any QB when pressured can look a lot like Goff. The Rams have not shown the ability to just pound a team into submission with the run game, if the pass game isn't working. Though it must be stated that the team has never tried so who knows. Simply put there is a blueprint on how to shut down the Rams offense, I am not sure yet if there is one to handle the defense at least not when fully healthy. Morris needs to work on how to best integrate Von into our defense and better improve our 2ndary and linebacker play but I think McVay has the bigger harder homework assignment, in making the offense invulnerable to the future attacks that are no doubt coming. Personnel being set the only thing he can do is scheme around limitations of the roster but he better do that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What is the stronger Ram's unit, Offense or Defense?

RamsDynasty171November 08, 2021 07:25AM