Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So, I Thought These Kinds of Games ...

November 07, 2021 07:11PM
Good question.

We have enough armchair data after 5 years. The way McVay wins is to set the tone with offensive rhythm. The defense he fields has to remain formless so the opposing offense cannot get into their team idiosyncratic rhythm. McVay holds an advantage in offensive scheme on paper because he knows how to manipulate a defense where he knows how to create numerical advantages in the parts of the field where he can get the ball to with immediacy.

So, the good coaches don’t let him get his offense into that rhythm. Whether it’s intense pressure up the middle or throwing a ton of noise at a slow defense reading QB.

McVay would help himself maintain his rhythm if he could draft a good genuine running back. I like Henderson but he’s not a workhorse. Akers is what he needs but we all know he’s injure. Gurley was terrible between the tackles.

But McVay does not have a workhorse with Akers gone so he doesn’t have a rhythm keeping answer to the pressure defenses typically dial up against him.

He needs to loook himself in the mirror and ask himself if he’s cutting corners by doing the minimum in the run game.

He looks at the run game as a way to keep a defense honest but his approach really doesn’t do that. And that’s because defenses know he doesn’t have a workhorse back or, in the case of Gurley, a guy who could plow for four yards between the tackles when things tighten up.

We Not Me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2021 07:11PM by Ekern55.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, I Thought These Kinds of Games ...

Classicalwit300November 07, 2021 06:46PM

Re: So, I Thought These Kinds of Games ...

Ekern55133November 07, 2021 07:11PM

You can beat any offense in th NFL

JimYoungblood5398November 07, 2021 07:13PM

It's a question of quantity.

stlramz89November 07, 2021 08:49PM

Re: It's a question of quantity.

dodgerram118November 08, 2021 02:59AM