Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

20 random thoughts by AvengerRam…

October 18, 2021 09:08AM
#20 is a beauty. Lol.

Here’s AvengerRam…

1. So much less stress when the Rams win this way. They should do that every week!

2. Yes, the Rams were supposed to beat this Giants team handily. But "should" does not always translate to "did," so its still cause for celebration.

3. Matthew Stafford was very sharp and made some amazing throws. I particularly liked the TD pass to Henderson. Very Warner-to-Faulk-like.

4. Speaking of Henderson... while he has received warranted criticism regarding his durability, he is a very consistent producer when he plays.

5. Cooper Kupp (despite a drop that resulted in Stafford's INT) was dominant. He has been as good as any WR in football this year.

6. The defense really came to play today, filling the stat sheet with sacks and turnovers.

7. With Lewis and Obo both healthy and making plays, the OLB spot opposite Floyd is suddenly a strength.

8. Floyd, by the way, is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

9. After getting a bad Rapp for his coverage this year (see what I did there), it was nice to see Taylor make two big plays.

10. The growing pains continue for Robert Rochell (his INT was the result of a receiver falling, more than anything), but I still think there is potential there.

11. Perhaps the right answer to "what will make the defense improve" is "gaining confidence by playing a few bad offenses.

12. Arizona is still rolling, but its a long season.

13. Take Dallas... they were talked up all week as contenders. Now, they're on the ropes (down by three with 2 minutes to go) against a mediocre Patriots team.

14. Or the Chargers. Many had them as contenders and at least one commentator had Herbert as the best QB in football. Today, they got their asses beat by the Ravens.

15. If the league is serious about addressing taunting, Aaron Rodgers should be fined for his "I own you" comment to Bears fans.

16. Don't think we'll be seeing a Stafford/Wolford QB controversy any time soon.

17. If I was a Giants fan, I would not have been happy to see Daniel Jones still playing in the 4th Quarter.

18. Johnny Mundt is a loss. The Rams have drafted two TEs in the last two years, though (Hopkins, Harris), so... next man up.

19. Do the Rams make a move before the trade deadline? I'd say that, if the answer is yes, it will be for a DB.

20. Is it me, or do you expect that, when McVay talks about Jared Goff coming to play the Rams this week, his tone will be reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's "I'm having an old friend for dinner" line at the end of Silence of the @#$%&?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

20 random thoughts by AvengerRam…

Rams43161October 18, 2021 09:08AM