Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agree more or less. I understand why McVay was ticked off

October 18, 2021 07:47AM
There is absolutely no reason for the Rams to start slow every week. Too many bad passes, stuffed runs, dropped balls, missed blocks, you name it. Same on D: too many splash plays, too soft. Sometimes things like this become inexplicable bad habits. I suspect McVay is going to be pretty darn hard on the O this week.

The Rams played a bad team, and a hurt team. I don't care if the Giants had been at full strength; might have been closer but the Rams are at this point superior.

Every player at any level will say that getting a big lead of course makes you relax and its hard to be quite as energetic and sharp.

The Defense gave the Rams O short fields, which made getting into the end zone much easier. There was a lot of execution errors. But I suspect that some of his frustration stems from absolutely nuts officiating calls. That fake punt/pass in which there was unsportsmanlike on nobody in particular, or on everybody, or something.... or what the infraction was, was just plain bizarre. A couple of holding calls on the Rams Oline and on our WRs were just flat wrong. If not for one official overruling another, the Rams would have had 2 more PI calls that anyone sitting in front of their TVs would have been scratching their heads about. And, I saw at least twice where our pass rushers were necktied and thrown to the ground and the official missed it. Bad day for the Zebras. But, hey, they are human beings, too.

Love it that we finally had a game that McVay could pull some of our top guys....and only 3 minutes into the 4th quarter to boot. What I like is that it not only protects those players, but it also gives other guys a chance to play, and it shows that the HC is not all about stats or letting players pad theirs.

Deon ought to get some more playing time. Right now, I think he's our 3rd best CB after Ramsey and Rochelle (not counting D. Williams, of course). Not big, but really sticky.

Gotta say, Wolford had an atrocious outing. That pass for an INT was just flat dumb. Not that this will determine everything, but if I was a betting man I'd bet that Wolford will get replaced by Perkins next year. Perkins could keep those chains moving with his legs in those kinds of run out the clock situations.

Here's one thing to say about some of those WR dropped passes: A Stafford fastball is unlike few other QBs in the league. Man some of those must be hard to catch especially if they're not on the body. But you can also see why Stafford is elite. Because the ball gets there so fast, some plays are made on ball speed alone that wouldn't get made if the ball was thrown with less velocity. That ball that bounced off of Kupp's hands for an INT wasn't a great pass, but that sucker had smoke comin' off it. A bit softer throw and Kupp probably hangs onto it. That said, the WRs are going to have to make the adjustment; no way Stafford does.

1 game is too small a sample size but Rapp finally had an impact. I don't know if it was only circumstances, luck, or what. But I can't imagine that Rapp was over flowing with confidence for the first 5 games. Perhaps this will elevate that confidence and carry over the rest of the year. We'll see. But there's another patsy coming to town, so he'll have another chance to shine.

And despite what Stafford said about the Lions just being another game? Yeah, right. And you can be sure our D doesn't want Goff scoring against them. I think the Liions are going to get smoked.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few impressions from that Giant game…

Rams43333October 18, 2021 07:15AM

Agree more or less. I understand why McVay was ticked off

RockRam169October 18, 2021 07:47AM

Re: A few impressions from that Giant game…

LMU93120October 18, 2021 09:49AM