Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NFL Top 8 Rankings by Conference

Anonymous User
October 11, 2021 10:48AM
NFL Top 8 Rankings by Conference.

With the NFL season now 17 games, I consider the first 5 games the completion of the first quarter with 12 games left to play.

Baltimore and Indianapolis still play tonight but even if Indy upsets, I don't have the Ravens falling in my Top 8.

For myself, considering a NFL rankings list mixed with the NFC & AFC teams after 5 games, has too many holes when comparing their schedules and head to head matches for both conferences.

Florida Ram's "Top 8" NFL Rankings by Conference.

The Rams have the edge in the NFC by a hair.

The Bills have the edge in the AFC.

No I'm not homer. I see the Rams flaws like everyone else does.

Yes I know the secondary coverage units and special teams blunders have been their weak link after 5 games.

Having their 3rd defensive coordinator in three seasons. (Phillips, Staley, Morris) has it's worries as well.

The loss of OLB Justin Hollins for (8 - 10 weeks) was a huge loss.

The drop off with Darious Williams' performance from 2020 was not expected. Without improvement week to week going forward, the Rams will drop in the rankings sooner than later.

NFC Top 8 Rankings

#1 Rams 4-1 - Had a stinker vs the Cardinals & played sub-par football at the Colts. Still the best team in the NFC by a hair.

#2 Bucs 4-1 - Reining SB champs had stinkers at the Rams & Patriots. Never underestimate Brady and the talented Bucs.

#3 Cowboys 4 -1 - Have not had a stinker game this year. After 5 games, the Boys have shown they can go toe to toe with the favorites.

#4 Cardinals 5-0 - Only undefeated team left. Caught the Rams off balance & played 3 strange games vs the Vikings, Jaguars & 49ers.

#5 Packers 4-1 - Like the Cowboys, the Packers have won 4 straight. A savvy playoff experienced team with an all time great QB Aaron Rodgers.

#6 Saints 3-2 - A scrappy up and down team to figure out. They have talent and a top head coach that knows how to get a team to the playoffs.

#7 49ers 2-3 - They have a bye week to get their QB's sorted out. More reps for Trey Lance more time to get Garoppolo to get healthy.

#8 Vikings 2-3 - (bubble team) Jekyll and Hyde but don't take this team for granted.

AFC Top 8 Rankings

#1 Bills 4-1 - They have blown the socks off of their last 4 opponents. Not much else needs to be said.

#2 Chargers 4-1 - After 5 games in 2021, they have become the darlings of the AFC.

#3 Ravens 3-1 - A team you can't always trust but one you don't want to see on your schedule.

#4 Browns 3-2 - 2 big games Baker has burnt the cookies when the cook was required to perform. Still a dangerous team.

#5 Chiefs 2-3 - Not they same caliber they were the last few seasons. This team can easily reel off 5 or 6 victories in a row.

#6 Titans 3-2 - A team the plays down to their competition but can sneak up on anyone if you relax on them.

#7 Bengals 3-2 - Young & feisty. NFL teams no longer check Cincinnati off as an easy game when they see them on the schedule.

#8 Steelers 2-3 - (bubble team) you can throw Pittsburg in the mix of bubble teams with the Raiders, Broncos & Patriots.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFL Top 8 Rankings by Conference

Anonymous User225October 11, 2021 10:48AM