Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good reminder that these guys aren't robots

October 10, 2021 06:34PM
They're human and make mistakes. No QB trots out there every game and plays perfect. It's about consistency over time and having great balance in the playoffs to be the last team standing.

I feel like expectations with QB just get all out of whack. We can watch a corner get burned on a go route but play well outside of that and keep it where it needs to be in conversation. But as soon as it's a QB people freak out. It's a really weird thing about football, similar to the goalie effect in hockey and soccer. They play a position where they impact the game more than any other position. But they're still one of eleven and you need a full team to win it all.

There are a handful of QBs in this league who can take over a game. They just aren't going to be able to do it every game. The best will do it the most over the course of a season though, and if the team around them is good they will also do it in the playoffs. Rams have one of those guys now IMO. He's right there with that top group and by the end of the season I am confident he's going to be a top 5 QB. I just hope the rest of the team around him is good enough for us to get through that playoff field, because I believe he will be able to keep up his end of the bargain.

Back to Allen though... He's a stud. His overall stats demonstrate that and he's got a fine team around him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2021 06:36PM by merlin.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Josh Allen Makes Some Boneheaded Plays

Classicalwit240October 10, 2021 04:07PM

Makes a lot of good plays nm

Hazlet Hacksaw75October 10, 2021 05:10PM

Re: Makes a lot of good plays nm

Classicalwit65October 10, 2021 06:39PM

Good reminder that these guys aren't robots

merlin78October 10, 2021 06:34PM

Re: Good reminder that these guys aren't robots

Classicalwit62October 10, 2021 06:40PM

I disagree...