Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam with 20 ‘Back on track’ thoughts…

October 07, 2021 08:12PM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. A bit messy, and some fourth quarter nail-biting, but a very solid win in the end.

2. We really needed that one.

3. Matthew Stafford had an uneven night. He revealed after the game that he dislocated his finger and popped it back in (been there, done that). That might account for some of the errant throws. He's a tough guy, though, and made more than enough plays in the end.

4. Robert Woods had a great "remember me?" performance.

5. And Cooper Kupp did his thing too!

6. Darrell Henderson and Sony Michel combined for 28 carries, 119 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs, and 2 receptions for 25 yards. When we lost Cam Akers, we were justifiably worried, but our RB corps really did their job tonight.

7. The defense also was a bit uneven, but overall, you have to like the night they put together, holding the Seahawks to 354 yards, 5.9 yards per play, and forcing two turnovers. They were lights out in the 3rd quarter when the Rams turned the game around.

8. Geno Smith played well in the fourth quarter. He may play again, as I would not be surprised if it turns out that Russell Wilson broke his middle finger (Pete Carroll just said it was a bad sprain, but we'll see).

9. Aaron Donald is playing well, as usual.

10. Leonard Floyd was in the backfield and Wilson's face all day.

12. Terrell Lewis is starting to be a player you really notice on the field.

13. We're definitely having a problem at the 3rd CB spot. I think Rochelle (who, after some bad plays, made a nice play in the end zone in the 4th quarter) is the guy with the most upside.

14. What happened to Terrell Burgess? Seems like he should have a role.

15. Matt Gay had a bad night, but hit an important FG at the end to somewhat redeem himself.

16. That double-punt was one of the oddest plays I've ever seen, and I'm not sure the refs got it right.

17. Certainly was one of the least productive blocked punts in the end.

18. Great thing about a Thursday night win is you get those extra days to rest while basking in the glow of victory.

19. Next three opponents: Giants, Lions, Texans. There are no gimmees in this league, but let's just say there is an opportunity there.

20. Sean McVay is 6-3 (regular season) and 1-0 (playoffs) against the Seahawks. Those Seattle fan must really hate us!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam with 20 ‘Back on track’ thoughts…

Rams43158October 07, 2021 08:12PM