Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay sure didn’t sound like Morr is on any hot seat…

October 06, 2021 10:28AM
Rams43
Sorta puzzling, maybe even a bit troubling.

Surely McVay is seeing the same things we all are, isn’t he?

(On his overall assessment of the defense)
“(Defensive Coordinator) Raheem (Morris) and I are exactly on the same page. I mean, in a lot of instances that the execution wasn't up to standards in all three phases and that was a big riff and that's going to be the case every single week if you execute well, you do the little things the right way, you handle situations, you take care of the football. There's a lot of things that goes into this, but there's a very small amount of things that are instrumental in winning and losing games. And when you talk about defensively - the execution, the tackling plan - especially against an explosive offense like what we saw last week, what we're going to see Thursday, which is a crazy as turnaround, I'm telling you - those are going to be things that are going to be vital for our success. And so that's going to be consistent week in and week out.”

What kind of "non-answer" is this?!?!?! How is that an answer to "what is your overall assessment of the defense?"

On the same page? What page is that Sean? Is it from the book of "How to play bad Defense with no adjustments" or from the book of "How to derail a Superbowl season"?

In his next breath he says "in a lot of instances that the execution wasn't up to standards in all three phases". Whose fault is that Sean? Yours for hiring him a his for not being NFL caliber DC?

Then he says "and that's going to be the case every single week". I am sure it will as long as this DC is in charge. rolled eyes smiley

And then this: "There's a lot of things that goes into this, but there's a very small amount of things that are instrumental in winning and losing games." Exactly Sean! "Little things" like IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS by your DC!!!

Troubling for sure unless he is just "protecting" Morris. (and I am sure he is protecting Morris) Unfortunately we won't know for sure which one. I know McVay wouldn't throw anyone under the bus in a presser...unless it's Jared Goff! lol3

Even the BEST coaches make mistakes. Hiring Morris was a big one by McVay. The look on his face during the last game tells me that he sees the problem too. Now the question is how will he deal with it?

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - Head Coach Sean McVay - October 6, 2021

Shaky247October 06, 2021 08:34AM

McVay sure didn’t sound like Morr is on any hot seat…

Rams43124October 06, 2021 10:13AM

Well, if things continue, it was MC VAY who said.....

Ramgator216October 06, 2021 10:28AM

Re: McVay sure didn’t sound like Morr is on any hot seat…

Ramsdude288October 06, 2021 10:28AM