Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: excellent question

October 01, 2021 12:08PM
Stafford9
only for a Sean McVay coached Ram team. I believe Sam would benefit greatly sitting behind Stafford and pick up the offense. My buddies counter is, "he could be a back up on any team" This offense needs a certain type of QB, it is my opinion that if Sam had two years to heal emotionally and mentally, he would be a great "System QB" in our offense, I say System QB tongue and cheek because I guess Stafford is a system QB, because he needs a coach, OLINE, receivers.
If you mean earlier in Bradford's career, I can see the rationale of him sitting and learning for a while. If you're talking about now, there's no way. First of all, Bradford's knee is shot. He literally couldn't even get on the field with the Cardinals. He couldn't plant and throw effectively anymore because he was on one leg. Second, Bradford has never shown any interest in being a backup. Third, he hasn't played in 3 years.

If you're just speaking hypothetically, yes, Bradford would have benefited from a coach like McVay. McVay has made all of the QB's he coached better. Plus, Bradford had such instability and IMO, poor coaching, a situation with McVay would be magnitudes better for Bradford.

But, guys like Bradford and Everett didn't seem too keen on playing backup in either case so I don't think this hypothetical could really work.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I lost the bet, but my premise for the bet was picking up Sam Bradford as a back up

Stafford9200October 01, 2021 09:24AM

sorry for all the type o's

Stafford9108October 01, 2021 09:26AM

Re: I lost the bet, but my premise for the bet was picking up Sam Bradford as a back up

moklerman91October 01, 2021 09:32AM

excellent question

Stafford983October 01, 2021 09:59AM

moklerman74October 01, 2021 12:08PM

Ohiorams101October 01, 2021 01:17PM

LMAO

ferragamo7955October 01, 2021 01:47PM