Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with some thoughts on the Jamir Jones acquisition strategy…

September 30, 2021 08:26AM
Here’s BonifayRam…

Trying to figure just how this MR53 & the PS will be reworked.

OLB'er has Floyd/ Lewis/ Garrett & now newly acquired Jamir Jones from the WWC line. Lewis is not operating @ full capacity, dealing with a damaged ankle.

Terrell Lewis has been on a limited snaps count since the season began, barely a part-timer for the last two games other than that he has contributed little due to that injury to Hollins last week. Hope that the damaged knee remains quiet. :hope:

Chris Garrett fresh off covid 19 is fully healthy so he should be ready for a serious dose of snaps @ weakside OLB'er for Hollins with help from the governor'd gimpy Lewis.

MLB Troy Reeder can easily back up Floyd if needed & has 2 past starting seasons worth of NFL game experience to not be utilized.

New OLB Jamir Jones might get in several last 4th quarter pass-rushing snaps but I would not expect too much from him.

McVay could bring up Floyd's backup PS Justin Lawler again but he would have exhausted his 3-time call-up from PS event & assigned to take an MR53 spot thus a Ram player would have to be cut. If it were me I trade RT Evans for a future draft pick & open up his MR53 spot.

Og Okoronkwo might be activated but I think it's way too early Og needs time back practicing with the defense before he should get a heavy dose of Card QB Kyler Murray. Lawler has no such concerns if he can play with pain & a club.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with some thoughts on the Jamir Jones acquisition strategy…

Rams43378September 30, 2021 08:26AM

Re: BonifayRam with some thoughts on the Jamir Jones acquisition strategy…

chico n da rams183September 30, 2021 09:21AM