Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TexasRams’ OL grades: Week 2…

September 20, 2021 06:03PM
Here’s TexasRams…

Hey All,

Just a quick post to give my grades based on reviewing each snap from Yesterdays game. No hard data here just a mostly subjective grade with my reasons.

Overall the Oline played an excellent game. Buckner was tough to deal with when he made his inside moves on Havenstein and Corbs. Other than a few pressures by him there was very little else to complain about with the exception of big Whit getting beat on the inside move for the sack. Luckily Staff took it like a champ and held onto the ball. A lot could be said about the run game and the role of WR's and TE's and the role of the RB's which heavily affects each running play. I am mainly giving grades on the Pass Pro I observed from the 5 O-lineman.

Whit - B+ - Whit cannot be beat around the edge. He still has it. He is still stonewalling edge rushers in the passing game and is still a great technician in the run game. Still getting out and landing key blocks on the RB screens and WR bubble screens such as the big one Kupp had. Whit did get beat inside for a sack but seriously, watch each snap and you will see that was an anomaly to his overall very strong performance.

Edwards - A - I did not see Edwards give up a pressure. He is also getting quicker and more efficient on the stunt tradeoffs. It appears to me he is showing more push in the run game as well. When you watch him it's very difficult to see him blocking the wrong guy or getting pushed back. I think his game has improved a tick from last year.

Allen - B - Allen had a solid game. It was even better than the opener vs the Bears in which he got beat twice. I did not see him beat once in this game. He tends to give up just a tad in pass pro getting pushed back a little, but his technique is really solid. He is also quickly locating and sliding to the pressure and allowing for a solid pocket. I am so happy with how he has improved from 2019 when it was quite the shitshow at times. I guess Mcvay and Carberry knew what they were talking about. I guess I can be wrong once in a blue moon :}

Corbs - B - Corbs was really strong. Had a huge assignment with Buckner and held up pretty good. Got beat one time when Buckner split him and Havenstein and one other time by Buckner when Buck made an inside move then circled back to the QB for a pressure. Corbs continued to show strong run game push. He is in my opinion our strongest run game lineman outside of Havenstein. Lots of great quick response by Corbs on stunts and moving Dlineman.

Havs - B+ - Havenstein cannot get beat outside right now and I swear his technique is improved with his hand usage. Whit must have really got through to him this year because he shows the ability to lock on and stonewall the edge defender most snaps. He can get beat inside and actually was - on at least one play I saw - and then was beat on the Buckner move mentioned above where Buck split Havs and Corbs. Havs gets a B+ because he is also very good in the run game and he is just allowing for a perfect pocket consistently.

Here are my compiled scores from week1 and week2:

Player - Week1/Week2
Whitworth - B+/B+
Edwards - B/A
Allen - B minus/B
Corbett - B/B
Havenstein - A minus/B+

By the way - A massive test next week against Vita Vea, Suh and all those pro bowl LBer's blitzing.

What did the rest of you see?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TexasRams’ OL grades: Week 2…

Rams43443September 20, 2021 06:03PM

Football Outsiders has Tampa, Rams' OLs top 3

LMU93223September 22, 2021 04:18AM

Think its dual rankings...

max137September 22, 2021 06:21AM

Re: Edwards

leafnose90September 22, 2021 11:00AM

Re: Edwards

merlin106September 22, 2021 11:04AM