Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agree

June 25, 2021 11:29AM
I think the offense will easily be top 5 and Simms biggest point to me was that Coach will not be limited in ANY fashion by the QB. You got a play you think exploits this particular defense if your QB can execute? You get to call that play now and I think that will be the huge difference.

He no longer has to scheme around Goff's weaknesses. He can just call his plays.

This is going to be fun!

RockRam
Florio is Florio. His comment that somehow it is a negative in Stafford's competitive nature that he didn't throw a sh!+ fit to get out of Detroit years ago is the most daft thing I've heard in years.

Simms (not a big fan, btw) makes some good points as he lists some Detroit team stats.... a true horror show. It looks like the legendarily gawd awful era of the Saints with fans wearing bags over their heads. Detroit has been pretty bad for 3 decades. The one consistent player on the team for the past decade has been Stafford who has an arm that is not surpassed in the NFL. Can throw from any angle. Very good in the pocket. Tough as nails. Athletic, but doesn't really want to run.

There will only be 2 reasons that the Rams wouldn't have a top 3 offense this year. 1) Injuries. 2) Our D remains so good that the O game gets called in a ball control way, so much like the Brady years at NE.

Even so, the Rams are going to average in the 29 -32 points per game range this year imo, partly because the O will get more time on the field because of the D, and because McVay shows no mercy we could see them put up in the high 40's in a couple of games.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chris Simms: thoughts of Stafford with the Rams 2021

Anonymous User406June 24, 2021 04:51PM

That was a very good listen.

RockRam158June 25, 2021 08:26AM

Agree

stlramz171June 25, 2021 11:29AM