June 22, 2021 09:47AM
Here’s oldnotdead…

Here is something I think people are overlooking. Having the D practice against an elite-level QB is only going to make them so much better. His ability to read the secondary play IMO will have an effect upon how Morris plays them. Having the defensive secondary which already is a strength of the team going against guys like Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, and Jackson with Stafford throwing to them is only going to sharpen their skills. They will understand there is no room for error when facing an elite-level QB.

The old adage of steel (iron) sharpens steel (iron) couldn't be more appropriate. Stafford's passing threat is only going to pay big dividends in the run game. Teams won't be able to simply load the box. Akers and Henderson are going to be facing light boxes and 11 personnel is going to be even more efffective. I can't imagine that Stafford won't have run/pass audible options on virtually every play. Once this offense gets rolling it's going to be a dominant force. I think 30 points per game will return to be the norm as it was in 2018. I simply don't see the offensive dead games the Rams suffered through.

But on the flip side having the Ram D face this level of competition every week in practice is only going to make this unit better. That is why I still expect this D to be a top 5 defense this year no matter what scheme Morris chooses to run.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead on how Ram O will sharpen Ram D and vice versa…

Rams43337June 22, 2021 09:47AM

Re: Oldnotdead on how Ram O will sharpen Ram D and vice versa…

SoCalRAMatic103June 23, 2021 03:45AM

Re: Oldnotdead on how Ram O will sharpen Ram D and vice versa…

oldmanram98June 23, 2021 04:04AM