Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My SoFi Stadium Tour

June 20, 2021 11:19AM
The Tour,

I'll begin as we are driving up to the Stadium, and it is Grand. The sheer size of the grounds is breathtaking. The lake is a really nice feature and draws your eye right away. We (my Daughter and I) enter through the American Airlines Plaza at the south end of the Stadium. We are greeted, and given a Tour Badge and instructed to gather in a area where we eventually end up part of a group of 30 people.

I'm checking the gear everyone is sporting and one family stood out with retro gear, a man and wife and 2 daughters. My daughter wore a Henry Ellard jersey I had purchased from Throwback Joes, and that's what caught my eye regarding this family. I was sure they were all wearing Throwback Joe's stuff, so I decided to ask the man if those were Joe's Jerseys, and to my surprise, it turns out that he is the person who now owns Throwback Joe's, his name is Cal Kunishige, and he gives me his card. Anyone interested can email him at cal@throwbackjoes.com., with questions regarding Rams gear, or go to throwbackjoe.com and browse his inventory.

Now back to the tour, we are led to the suites and given various info regarding rentals and capacities etc, way above my paygrade, but cool to have a peek inside. Our next move is to the elevators and down 1 floor and again are guided to even more lavish suites, and info. We exit the suites and go out doors to a seating area with a tv monitor and are shown a video on the engineering of the stadium. I found this video really interesting , it shows you how the Stadium was designed to withstand an earthquake. The canopy is independent structure, and the seating is also independent, and in the event of a quake they would move separately, and the video shows images of that simulation.

Our next move is down another floor and outside to that levels stadium seating, which I might add is cushioned and very comfortable, and our attention turns to the OCULUS, the largest Video Board to date. Our guide explained the there is a door on the inside portion of the big O that opens and a device that is lowered and reaches the playing field and then will hoist personnel up to and inside the board. The board has three stories inside and on game days there will be 30 technicians inside to ensure that the board is working properly. (cool stuff)

We move inside an down another floor where we are shown another video outlining the BRAIN as I'll call it, this thing runs the whole stadium, and reminds of when you see a movie and they show a clip of the military computer room, however this thing is sleek and modern and purposely displayed for our viewing.

Our next destination is down to the field via the players tunnel. each group in our party is given a chance to run out of the tunnel like the players do and the music is loud like game day, and that was freaking cool. now were on the field and the first thing I notice is how soft the turf feels, expected it to be firmer, and instead it has cushioned feel, much nicer than I anticipated. Leslie and I have been snapping pics this whole time, which I will share at a later date.

The Locker room and Press briefing and interview room are made available to us, (right?). Aaron Donald's locker is dressed with authentic team gear to see how they lay it out for the players. and I found Stafford's locker and my girl took some picks for me. we moved on to the Press room and could stand at the podium where Sean McVay will hold briefings after the game, and I all I could say was there is no controversy Matthew Stafford is our quarterback, no more questions thanks guys. For those that are considering the tour they have drills set up for kids on the field, Punt, Pass, Field Goal kick and a 40 yard dash.

I really enjoyed the Tour and recommend it to everyone interested. The chance to see parts of the stadium you wouldn't normally have a chance to see. Great Experience!!!!!!!

P.S.

If you like the new logo and uni's you will love the team store, plenty to choose from, me not so much. There is very little old school stuff, a couple of mitchell and ness hoodies, that was about it for me.

Go Rams!!!!!!

Ljsrams1962 aka Les Haan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 11:20AM by Ljsrams1962.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My SoFi Stadium Tour

Ljsrams1962477June 20, 2021 11:19AM

Question For You...And Anyone Who Attended The OTA Practice

ramBRO241June 20, 2021 12:07PM

Re: Question For You...And Anyone Who Attended The OTA Practice

Ljsrams1962302June 20, 2021 12:59PM