Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams COO Kevin Demoff: ‘The new uniforms are coming’

June 15, 2021 02:30PM
Rams COO Kevin Demoff: ‘The new uniforms are coming’, shares exclusive details and time frame

[theathletic.com]

t’s the No. 1 question on the hearts and minds of Los Angeles Rams fans.

No, it’s not “How will new quarterback Matthew Stafford look in head coach Sean McVay’s offense?” or, “who will step up to replace (insert player lost in free agency here)?”

It’s the uniforms, man. The uniforms.

When the Rams released their brand-new threads and logos in 2020, the door was intentionally left open for an additional combination/alternate uniform outside of the two main concepts (and three colorways) worn throughout the season. But so far this spring and summer, little has been shared about the release of it. Until now.

Chief operating officer Kevin Demoff joined The Athletic’s “11 Personnel” podcast on Tuesday afternoon, and finally let loose a few tasty details about when Rams fans can expect the release of the alternates, and why there has been a bit of a holdup in doing so to this point.

“Our goal is before training camp,” he said, additionally citing a little-known rule as to the reason for the delay: The NFL, he said, only allows alternate jersey releases to be available for sale after July 1.

“Unless you are debuting a completely new primary set of uniforms, NFL rules basically stipulate (that) it’s post-July 1,” he said. “First and foremost, that’s probably an unknown NFL uniform rule. There are multiple teams this year that are all waiting to (present) an alternate, a classic, a throwback — whatever you want to call it. (Those are) coming post-July 1.”

So, the estimated window — if all goes according to plan — will be a release sometime between July 2, and when players report to camp on July 25-28.

“That is our goal. It could slide back, if some issues present,” he said. “I get asked every day on Twitter, ‘When are they coming?’ and I think someone actually has a countdown on a day-by-day basis. … Unfortunately, it’s still a little fluid …

“The new uniforms are coming. They can be worn up to three, two or three times (but we believe they can be worn up to three times) this year, and we expect to have them certainly by the start of the season, but likely training camp.”
. . .

rest on the website

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 02:32PM by JimYoungblood53.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams COO Kevin Demoff: ‘The new uniforms are coming’

JimYoungblood53604June 15, 2021 02:30PM

Re: Rams COO Kevin Demoff: ‘The new uniforms are coming’

Rampage2K-174June 15, 2021 02:44PM

Demoff new jerseys: I scooped the Athletic last week: A smart scoop Rp2K

Anonymous User176June 15, 2021 03:12PM

Re: Demoff new jerseys: I scooped the Athletic last week: A smart scoop Rp2K

Rampage2K-117June 15, 2021 04:59PM

The cheapness of modern jerseys is disappointing

merlin194June 15, 2021 03:56PM

Re: The cheapness of modern jerseys is disappointing