Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This has me curious

June 15, 2021 07:51AM
Leoram

3. Finally, the defense once again begins and ends with Aaron Donald. While there are several other nice players that perform their jobs adequately, AD alone is the difference between top 10 and bottom 15 all by himself even with Ramsey in the backfield. In all my years of watching football, I've never seen a team so reliant on one player for success. You can have a goalie in hockey, a pitcher in baseball, or a generational talent in basketball, but one man rarely makes THAT much of a difference when playing 11 on 11. For anyone who disagrees with me, please rewatch the last Rams game of the 2020 season. That #1 defense was shredded and incapable of getting off the field with an injured AD not performing his usual heroics. Without him, Morris would have to call a game more like the gambling Haslett than the controlled Staley.

Loved the defense last year, but I am curious, how good is Staley? I will never begrudge someone who got us to a #1 overall defensive rating but how good is he? Is this a Jimmy and Joes or an X's and O's thing. I am not saying anyone could have done as good but with AD and that secondary, and Floyd could any above average defensive coordinator have done the same? The Chargers defense has some elite players on it, Bosa and will healthy Derwin but the Rams defense have arguably the two best defensive players in the league on one defense those are pretty powerful chess pieces to have. It's like having two queens in chess imagine the damage you can do with that. There is no reason to believe that Morris can't do as well with these game changers. I know my first contrarian thought is what about John Johnson, Brock and Hill losses? I like all three of them but how good are they? I thought Cory Littleton was way above average and was sad to see him go but he hasn't shown to be nearly as good after leaving us, nor has Dante Fowler. It is the Bryant Young/Dana Stubblefield thing. Bryant Young was their AD back then he was so good that his partner Stubblefield got DPOY, a fat contract with the WFT, but then proved he wasn't that great. That's how good Bryant Young was and AD is even better than that because on that Niners team there was question about who was the best player among the masses, obviously the Niners brass knew better because they let Stubbs walk but Young never left.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My 3 offseason messages for 2021

Leoram337June 15, 2021 05:19AM

Re: My 3 offseason messages for 2021

oldmanram168June 15, 2021 05:48AM

Leoram242June 15, 2021 06:20AM

Rams43140June 15, 2021 06:28AM

This has me curious

RamsDynasty150June 15, 2021 07:51AM

Re: This has me curious