Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mackeyser on Rams advanced use of analytics…

June 08, 2021 02:19PM
Here’s Mackeyser…

For those that missed it: it was asked how the Rams use analytics to a greater degree than other teams.

“Since 2015 — that’s when we started our internal scouting system, called ‘JARS’, we have 5,000 different defensive backs that we have (measurables) on,” said Jake Temme, who is a data and analytics manager for the Rams. “And within our internal mechanism for doing weight-adjusted/athleticism (measurements) — called RSDI (Rams Standard Deviation Index) — he was in the top 10 percent for the cornerback position.”

That’s a MASSIVE dig into the data as compared to just film and forty times.

Analytics isn’t just data and rankings. It’s sifting through mountains of data to find PERTINENT data that in concert with other factors give a causal or contributory output that’s advantageous in making decisions or determining causes or factors which would need to be mitigated or encouraged.

This is just one clue into how the Rams have established and continue to innovate in the data space and why we see the results on the field that we do.

As for the draft, we could get Rochell where we did because other teams don’t sift and analyze the data the way we do.

Rejoice Rams fans. Another advantage for us!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with a juicy excerpt from an Athletic article…

Rams43716June 07, 2021 12:07PM

Re: Merlin with a juicy excerpt from an Athletic article…

leafnose275June 07, 2021 01:26PM

Mackeyser on Rams advanced use of analytics…

Rams43207June 08, 2021 02:19PM

Man I love this stuff

RantoulRam155June 09, 2021 07:21AM

Re: Man I love this stuff...I do as well.

oldschoolramfan119June 09, 2021 08:10AM