May 10, 2021 05:52AM
Robert Woods: Practicing against Jalen Ramsey 'makes Sundays really easy'

Cameron DaSilva
May 10, 2021 6:14 am

The Los Angeles Rams defense benefits greatly from having Jalen Ramsey in the secondary. He’s able to do a multitude of things on the back end, whether it’s shadowing the opponent’s No. 1 receiver, blitzing off the edge, helping in run support or dropping back into zone coverage and reading the quarterback’s eyes.

But his presence on defense also makes the Rams’ wide receivers better. Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson and the rest of the wideouts have to go up against Ramsey every day in practice, whether it’s in 11-on-11 drills or one-on-one reps with the All-Pro cornerback lined up across from them.

Woods says his battles with Ramsey in training camp and practice are intense, which is the way both players prefer it. But because of that, it makes going up against other cornerbacks on Sundays much easier for Woods.

“It’s really cool because I get to see him at practice every single day,” Woods told CBS Sports in a recent interview. “Our training camps are very competitive, and I like that. He practices exactly how he plays. He goes hard, he doesn’t like any receivers catching passes on him, he talks trash. And me, I want to catch every single ball thrown my way. So it’s really, really intense at practice. Going at it with him makes us receivers always compete hard. It makes Sundays really easy because we’ve seen the best defensive back every day during practice.”

[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Robert Woods: Practicing against Jalen Ramsey 'makes Sundays really easy'

RamBill348May 10, 2021 05:52AM

Re: Robert Woods: Practicing against Jalen Ramsey 'makes Sundays really easy'

SoCalRAMatic390May 10, 2021 07:29AM

Re: Robert Woods: Practicing against Jalen Ramsey 'makes Sundays really easy'

oldmanram206May 11, 2021 04:47AM