May 06, 2021 05:49AM
Robert Woods plans to start training with Matthew Stafford soon

Cameron DaSilva
May 6, 2021 7:08 am

One of the challenges that comes with bringing in a new quarterback this offseason is the lack of on-field work that will take place before training camp. Matthew Stafford acknowledged that after the Los Angeles Rams acquired him, saying it’ll be “an interesting opportunity and a challenge for me to get to know these guys as fast as I can” without much of an offseason program.

Robert Woods will be one of Stafford’s primary targets and though the two of them haven’t gotten on the field to train together yet, they plan to do so soon.

“Not yet, but I plan on getting with him soon,” Woods told CBS Sports. “We began our virtual training (recently). We’ll be in the same city soon within five or 10 miles, and I know I’m gonna be working out, he’s gonna be working out. So we’ll link up for sure and get our timing down.”

Woods said virtual training and meetings are “not fun,” though he did say Sean McVay does his best to make them as interesting and entertaining as possible. But Woods is looking forward to getting to work with Stafford both in practice and during the season.

Ful Article
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Robert Woods plans to start training with Matthew Stafford soon

RamBill237May 06, 2021 05:49AM