Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whether on offense or special teams, Jake Funk just wants to make plays for the Rams

May 06, 2021 05:46AM
Whether on offense or special teams, Jake Funk just wants to make plays for the Rams

Cameron DaSilva
May 6, 2021 6:39 am

It’s rare for a seventh-round pick to make a big impact on offense or defense as a rookie. But for running back Jake Funk, he isn’t just focused on helping the offense. He prides himself on making game-changing plays on special teams.

The Rams’ seventh-round pick is determined to help his new team however he can, whether it’s in the return game, on the coverage team or any other phase of special teams. After being drafted by Los Angeles, Funk explained what his mindset is when it comes to playing special teams.

In the end, it comes down to making plays to help the team.

“You just have to be excited to make a play. Like, football is about making game-changing plays no matter when you’re on the field,” he said. “If you can run down on a kickoff, pin somebody inside the 20, create a big hit that gets the defense fired up and ready to go, it helps the team win. It’s all about the team. So for me, that’s just been my core, where it’s like I’m going to do whatever it takes to help our team win. And if that’s being a cover guy on special teams and going down there and getting a tackle or a big hit inside the 20, I’m going to do it. If that’s a contributing role on offense, I’m going to do that. Whether that’s first, second-down back, third-down back, doesn’t matter. Whatever opportunities you get on the field, you have to be able to take advantage and be that ballplayer that goes out and just makes a play when the team needs it.”

Full Article
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill194May 06, 2021 05:46AM