Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memento has thoughts on this Rams draft...

May 01, 2021 03:03PM
Here’s Memento...

I'll grade it:

Chatarius (I absolutely freaking refuse to call him "Tutu"winking smiley Atwell: F

(Easily one of the worst picks I've seen McSnead make. I can't imagine him doing well, I'm sorry. And Bolton went right after him. They picked a gadget player at best with the second round pick, likely because they panicked when the Hags took Eskridge. If they wanted a deep threat, Darden was for the taking, and he would've been a better pick at this stage than Atwell (or, hell, pick Bolton and then Darden!). He'll have to do an absolute miracle to win me over.)

Ernest Jones: C+

(I've admittedly warmed up to him a bit. I still think there were better players, but I'm getting a JJ3 vibe around him, so I can live with it. He's a tackling machine, a good run defender. I have concerns about his overall athleticism and if he's truly a sideline-to-sideline defender.)

Bobby Brown III: A-

(BB3 (since we no longer have a JJ3) could be an absolutely dominant defensive tackle next to Donald. He's a load to deal with in the running game, and if he learns from Donald how to use his hands and gets his conditioning straight, we could be talking about a young Haynesworth.)

Robert Rochell: A-

(Rochell is my favorite pick in this class. He reminds me a lot of Marcus Peters, only without the attitude issues that plagued Peters. He's a ballhawk, always has his hands active without getting grabby, and blankets receivers. He's big and fearless. My only question is if he fills against the run, but if Ramsey mentors him, I can't imagine it as a problem.)

Jacob Harris: B

(This kid could be a steal. Key word: could. I'm glad he got drafted as a tight end, but it's going to take a while for him to bulk up to tight end status. We may not see a payoff until year three. It's a better draft pick in the fourth than, say, a first round pick, but that's still banking on a lot for this kid. He is a sold special teams player, so that helps his grade.)

Earnest Brown IV: C+

(I can get behind this pick. EB4 needs a lot of work with core strength and learning hand usage, and that'll take at least a year or two. I don't know if he'll ever be great, but if we're talking about a solid role player, yeah, I'm sold. Still, I think we could've made a better pick here.)

Jake Funk: D

(I admire their commitment to special teams, but you can't tell me there weren't better running backs on the board, namely Jermar Jefferson, Gerrid Doaks, Kylin Hill, just to mention a few. I can't put too much faith in a running back who has had two ACLs on the same knee. And I absolutely cringe at the name puns. Just...no.)

Ben Skowronek: C

(My favorite of the seventh round picks - which isn't saying much. If he can move to tight end (an H-back), be our answer to Kyle Juszcyzk, I'll be much more on board. Right now, I see someone who's far too slow to make an impact as a wide receiver, someone who could definitely get cut and be picked up, like Clay Johnston was. I'd have honestly picked Sage Surratt, just because of potential; if you're in the seventh round, you can gamble on that kind of stuff.)

Chris Garrett: D-

(Who? Again, who? You can't tell me that this guy is a better edge rusher than Charles Snowden. He's not athletic, not big, and he produced against much lesser competition.)

Overall Grade: C-

(Better players were available, and the Atwell pick, if it doesn't work out (in my opinion, likely), could set us back a year or two.)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead’s first impression of the Rams draft...

Rams43393May 01, 2021 02:55PM

Memento has thoughts on this Rams draft...

Rams43179May 01, 2021 03:03PM