Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overheard ...

May 01, 2021 12:42PM
Cell Ringtone: Fortnite's "Phone it In"

Sean: "Hey buddy, how are you feeling? We are two kegs in and I'm on my second bottle of Rose."

Les: "I'm loaded on Hydroxychloroquine and quaaludes so as usual, I'm jacked!"

Sean: "That's good because it won't hurt so badly when I tell you this, are you sitting down?"

Les: "What happened?"

Sean: "The Seahawks just got Eskridge."

Les: "Damn! No worries. Tavon is faster. Let's take him"

Sean: "You mean Tutu?"

Les: "Yeah, sorry, The guy who runs really fast and makes you look bigger on the sideline."

Sean: "Carberry wants Humphrey since the Vikes got Little."

Les: "Just tell Kevin we hired him to turn around an underwhelming line like he did at Stanford. Our guys are better than that."

Sean: "It's okay...I won't have to explain anything, Kevin just hurled on Veronika so I won't give him anything until the 7th Round like I did Aaron last year. That will teach him."

Les: "Well, we only have one 7th rounder so let's trade down in the third since your buddy Kyle needs a running back. That way we can throw Kevin a bone when he wakes up tomorrow."

Sean: "Hold on, Raheem wants to talk to you."

Raheem: "Les, my man! Bolton and Werner are still available. We wanna pool party!" (Background, several chanting: Pool Party, Pool Party, Pool Party!!)

Les: "I'm over here not able to taste my food and you're wanting to party? Look, Sean's the head coach so if he wants a smurf because the WTF or whatever you call them used to have Brown, Garrett, and Seay...it's his call. We can get that "leadership" type to convey your calls in the third."

Raheem: "You mean Browning?

Les: "No, the other one."

Raheem: "Cox?"

Les: "No, Ernest Jones"

Raheem: "Never heard of him. Is he fast? Is he versatile against the pass? Or is he a great blitzer?"

Les: "Well, he's okay at those things. But I just like the name Ernest. It means he's serious about football. As a matter of fact, I'll get you Ernest Brown to replace Fox and Bobby Brown to replace Brockers.

Raheem: "Bobby Brown! Isn't he the guy that was married to Whitney Houston and Alicia Eskridge?"

Les: "That was Ethridge. Eskridge is the guy we originally wanted for Sean."

Raheem: "I'm gonna go lay down now. These names are making my head spin."

Les: "No, it's probably the Bud Ice. Let me talk to Joe D."

Joe: "Hey Les, what's up?

Les: "I'm really not feeling well. I told Raheem what he can have and Sean already put in his pick so I want you to pick your favorites the rest of the way."

Joe: "But it's still the second round, won't they say we are drafting my guys too high?"

Les: "Not if you trade down enough. We can just say it's a COVID year so all the top prospects were all suspect anyway. I gotta go now, the blankets just fell off the fort and I can't see my laptop. Later dude."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Overheard ...

Leoram751May 01, 2021 12:42PM

well done, funny prose

JimYoungblood53273May 01, 2021 12:43PM

Re: well done, funny prose

Leoram166May 01, 2021 01:11PM

ROTFLOL! nm

ABQRam161May 01, 2021 12:47PM

Re: Overheard ...

Rams43173May 01, 2021 01:37PM

LOL....epic post NM