Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A very good insight, "out with the old, in with the new."

April 14, 2021 07:13AM
I love this type of stuff because I remember back in 1982. I was starting my HS coaching in SoCal.

We actually went to games, scouted our next opponents. How? We sat in the stands, pencil and 5x7 cards, hand wrote each play. Wrote down the #'s of their "studs". Then, went back and watched the game film. Broke down situational plays. If we had a game on Friday night, coaches would ALWAYS go scout games on TH and SAT night.

I get it...That's A LOT of time and travel. Also, time was wasted. It was not all "quality" time, meaning time well spent.

Rams are basically thinking of ways to "optimize quality time and quality work." Eliminating the wasted time and allowing employees to work "better and more efficiently."

The ol' coaches cliche', "The film does not lie" is alive and well at Rams Park. Watch game film! Combine #'s are all good, but can the kid play football?

Senior Bowl...Players have played a lot of football in 4 years of college..Experience and plenty of game film..Get Team Captains (leaders).

Love it...Our Rams are thinking "outside of the box"..Just like they did when they hired the youngest HC in NFL History!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

JR: Inside the Rams’ major changes to their draft process, and why they won’t go back to ‘normal’

RamsFanSince69304April 13, 2021 12:27PM

Re: A very good insight, "out with the old, in with the new."

oldschoolramfan186April 14, 2021 07:13AM