Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting: Russ Wilson and Matt Stafford are the same age

April 07, 2021 02:25AM
I was reading an article by Warren Moon who thinks Wilson will only play 1 more year for the Seahawks because things between him and the team are pretty sour and headed for a divorce.

But in the article his age of 32 was pointed out. There's just a few months age difference between Wilson and Stafford. Funny how when Wilson is talked about, his age doesn't seem to be much of a factor. But when Stafford is talked about, some wonder how much longer he'll play because of his age.

Assuming they both have the same "want to" to continue playing, I'd lay odds that Stafford will far outlast Wilson because Stafford stays in the pocket as a drop back passer, while Wilson's entire game is predicated on scrambling and running with the ball. So Wilson takes a bunch more hits (and really that's his complaint with Seattle..... as though he'd otherwise be a drop back pocket passer ala Stafford... hah!)

I see the Rams extending Stafford sooner than later. Wilson? If Moon is right, 2021 may well be his last year as a Seahawk. Or, he might just take the money and run as an announcer. I'd bet he'd get a load of bucks to be an announcer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 02:26AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting: Russ Wilson and Matt Stafford are the same age

RockRam435April 07, 2021 02:25AM

excellent point

L.A.Rams211April 07, 2021 04:35AM

Re: Interesting: Russ Wilson and Matt Stafford are the same age Attachments

JimYoungblood53162April 07, 2021 04:57AM

That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Ramgator273April 07, 2021 05:15AM

Stafford has a good chance to control his legacy

Ram_Ruler186April 07, 2021 05:30AM