Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A familiar feeling, missing out on Hudson

March 18, 2021 05:43AM
The whole "I can't believe Hudson is available", to "can we afford him" to "I hope we can get him" to "the dang the Cards got him". That is the way I would always feel during the draft back in the day when the Rams weren't good. The excitement of buying the draft books getting your heart set on certain players, then being available 5 picks before the Rams pick, the anticipation and the dread. The pain of them getting picked right before our slot or worse yet the anger when they are there for us and we go in another direction, wth! 2012 Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffrey, then wanting a linebacker (sounds familiar) missing out on Bobby Wagner because the Seahawks trade up, but hey there is still Lavonte David who I like almost as much but instead we get Isaiah Pead (arrrrggggghhhh). Funny now that the Rams never have a first round draft pick that doesn't happen so much anymore. I have positions and players that I prefer but when you pick as late as the Rams do, it is hard to mentally keep track of the thousands of scenarios that make getting player X. It was a lot easier when you are drafting 6th overall, not that I want to go back to those days. Just the disappointment of missing out on Hudson reminded me of that feeling. I wonder if the Rams were actually interested and tried to make happen what a majority of the herd wanted to happen. Maybe Jourdan (the Athletic) will let us know, however I don't know what would be worse them trying but coming up a bit short OR them not trying at all? "Center?, we don't need no stinking center"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A familiar feeling, missing out on Hudson

RamsDynasty406March 18, 2021 05:43AM

Yeah, that Hudson thing was a helluva roller coaster ride...

Rams43170March 18, 2021 08:04AM

Re: A familiar feeling, missing out on Hudson

Ekern55201March 18, 2021 08:06AM

safe to say we never had a chance......

Rampage2K-210March 18, 2021 08:26AM

Funny... I was just mulling the thought of posting this

OzRam163March 18, 2021 10:00AM

Re: Funny... I was just mulling the thought of posting this

RamsDynasty140March 18, 2021 10:46AM

too true

OzRam342March 18, 2021 11:49AM