Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FA thoughts after the Stafford trade: Do we know the pulse?

Anonymous User
February 09, 2021 03:48PM

Do we know the pulse of McVay & Snead?

We know they are both in agreement and balls to the walls when it comes to going all in for another SB run.

I think many of us a have a good grasp of preferable upgrades but knowing the pulse of the team/roster and moving pieces the same way McVay, Snead, Rahim Morris and the other coaches and scouts do is a tough cookie to sell.

In my little Rams world they need a WR big time. Like many others I hope they can land Marvin Jones Jr (or someone to compliment Staff).

I think Marvin Jones Jr. is better than Woods and Kupp in the RedZone. A lot better............

He's older now but we all know Stafford can chuck the ball to Jones Jr. past 10 yards. He may not run a 4.3 40 but his catch radius and ability to get open beyond 20 yards is impressive.

Cooper Kupp is a stud but due to bad injury luck of his knees, he's been out the last 2 postseasons.

I disagree with anyone that thinks Woods, Kupp and Van Jefferson are plenty good enough just because Stafford is now on board.

If either one of Woods or Kupp get hurt, the depth after Van Jefferson is a pipedream to think they can survive the post season.

We all expect an upgrade at center over Blythe.

How this won't happen would be a huge surprise.

As far as losing Floyd and upgrading LB and maybe even adding another sleeper Offensive Lineman besides center to stabilize moving parts it's all on the table now after signing Stafford.

The secondary with the possible losses of JJ and Hill is also not to be ignored.

I'm not going down the long path with all my solutions on Feb 9th 2021. Too much time to figure out in the next 30 days about the pulse of Rams brass and how the dominos will fall. I do appreciate reading predictions to pass the time.

After the Rams brass sit down with Stafford (and likely Donald, Ramsey and 1, 2 or 3 other high cap players on the current roster) about the team building goals for 2021 salary cap help, they should be convinced there is no way the draft is going to be enough to help this roster in the offseason (not even close).

Now that the Rams went all in with Mr. Stafford, I have no reason to believe Matthew won't sign an extension.

I have to believe other players that want to get past the divisional round like Donald & Ramsey would agree. Restructuring talks are going to be hot and heavy behind closed doors in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

If Donald or Ramsey get on board maybe 1, 2 or 3 more contracted Rams players restructure and go all so this team can sign some key Free Agent missing pieces.

I know I'm not the only one that has though of this but I think the Rams players are going to surprise us by how much they will be willing to help free up salary cap space in the the next 30 days. All in is what the McVay and Snead have done. There surely has to be more than a couple of players willing to follow their vision.

Call it robbing the future. Call it what you want. Imo... 2021 is A HUGE Year for the RAMS to Free Up Salary Cap Space

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2021 04:25PM by Florida_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few pre-FA thoughts after the Stafford trade dust has settled...

Rams43688February 09, 2021 10:51AM

I like Deadpool's idea

stlramz441February 09, 2021 11:34AM

Re: I like Deadpool's idea

oldschoolramfan237February 09, 2021 11:45AM

3030222February 09, 2021 12:08PM

I'm with you

NewMexicoRam190February 09, 2021 12:50PM

Killrazor154February 10, 2021 12:35AM

3030177February 10, 2021 04:18AM

Killrazor163February 11, 2021 12:42AM

Anonymous User219February 09, 2021 03:48PM

Re: FA thoughts after the Stafford trade: Do we know the pulse?

Deadpool211February 09, 2021 05:20PM

Re: FA thoughts after the Stafford trade: Do we know the pulse?

dzrams191February 09, 2021 05:46PM

They are losing Floyd

PHDram181February 09, 2021 05:47PM

Re: They are losing Floyd

dzrams213February 09, 2021 06:22PM

Re: They are losing Floyd

PHDram213February 09, 2021 06:36PM

Stafford himself needs to improve in the redzone

zn131February 10, 2021 04:10AM