Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did McVay and Snead get lucky?

February 01, 2021 01:19PM
I mean, apparently a big piece of their legacy was all these guys that their director of scouting brought in...and he's now with the Lions.

Buy aside from that, they botched the Cooks, Gurley, and Goff deals and got lucky they found a way out of the Goff contract.

Many ppl are lauding how we can restructure guys to make this work. But restructuring just means more cap hell in 2 years and no picks left.

I'm happy we got Stafford just for the sake of trying someone else amd maybe there is a window for a year or 2, but truthfully do you think our red zone woes are Goff's fault?

Does McVay really make Robert Woods run 50 yards every play doing the stupid Jett sweep because Goff is no good?

My analogy would be this: everyone says Goff can only succeed when things are perfect around him. Well, the elephant in the room appears to be that McVay also can't win unless everything is perfect. He came into Kronke's team and was given a blank check to stack the team. And Fisher actually had a pretty loaded team to hand over, we just needed an overhaul from his 70's offensive philosophy.

And Jarod Goff honestly played great vs. The Packers.

I am glad to get rid off Goff because he doesn't see the field well and his reaction time to get the ball out was slow. And hopefully Stafford is an upgrade. I like his gunslinger attitude, but is he really a McVay type QB with brains or just an allen iverson/brett favre gunslinger?

Either way, I think Snead and McVay got real lucky to hide the fact that they blew their wad on all the top talent they could afford with Kronke's money. That does not make them geniuses. Belichick always won without breaking the bank.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Did McVay and Snead get lucky?

kw13339February 01, 2021 01:19PM