Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

agreed...and it was odd...

February 01, 2021 05:49AM
cuz this year on replays how many times did you see a deeper WR route happening where Goff would just quickly hit the shorter route?! It happened alot and drove me crazy. Also, Goff's relationship with running out of the pocket towards the sideline NEVER improved after 5yrs on this team. Throw it away and DON'T try and run for 1yd. Goff clumsily always seemed to run and NOT throw...but just try and get a yrd or two and suffer a hit for nothing. THAT alone....never changed and that's QB 101.

Goff was re-signed cuz he just hit his 2nd contract and took us to the SB and the Rams paid the going price for that kind of QB (as zn always notes correctly)...we paid the going rate for QBs on the assumption of continued development on Goff's part. There appeared to me no reason Goff wouldn't keep evolving...but he didn't and actually went backwards. Maybe McVay complelety went passive in his playcalls or Maybe Goff...I dunno how/whom to fault. I do know McVay called some crappy drives and/or games sometimes. I also know - by watching - that Goff was not playing spirited football from the QB position sans a few games this year.

I don't care who's to blame...it's over & done and we are left to keep going.
We'll find out soon enough - like next year- whether it was McVay or Goff to blame for the offensive decline - kinda like how Brady & Bellichex played out this past year.
Stafford is one of my fav passers and can be overly aggressive(ala Farvre)...but has the arm strenght to do things Goff couldn't do and THAT will be a plus for us...along with Stafford's 7 yrs of extra experience in studying defenses.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Peter King article on trade

CROMWELL21637February 01, 2021 04:01AM

this...

LMU93301February 01, 2021 04:14AM

The Vikings TNF game in 2018

RAMpant Defense261February 01, 2021 04:59AM

That game, The Chiefs game and..

sstrams195February 01, 2021 05:26AM

agreed...and it was odd...

SunTzu_vs_Camus179February 01, 2021 05:49AM