Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eric Dickerson and 1983 revisited

January 31, 2021 02:25AM
After the 1982 season, I had lost interest in the Rams. I didn't see any point in continuing to follow a team that had repeatedly lost out in the playoffs due to the failure to acquire a top QB, failed to retain a QB that took them to the Super Bowl, and then became one of the worst teams in football after trying to rejuvenate QBs that were past their prime. I was tired of the senseless brutality of football. I had become much more of a basketball fan, and my team, the Lakers, had entered a Magical era with two recent championships. I had written off the Rams, but then everything changed with the coming of Eric Dickerson. After the games against the Jets and Lions early in the 1983 season, the Rams once again had firmly regained my interest. I went through something similar to 1981 and 1982 during the past two years. It became painful to watch Goff's ineptitude and how he was holding the Rams back. Toward the end, I could barely stand to watch their games. I was thinking about canceling NFL Sunday Ticket and riding off into the sunset as a Rams fan. It had been a ride of more than 50 years, but I didn't see any point in continuing to follow this team. Getting rid of Goff and bringing in a good QB has changed everything. This trade might get the Rams into the Super Bowl.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Eric Dickerson and 1983 revisited

L.A.Rams219January 31, 2021 02:25AM

Re: Eric Dickerson and 1983 revisited

Steve107January 31, 2021 03:07AM