Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You can't win'em all; but the Rams won this one

January 12, 2021 09:45AM
I remember Snead saying that there's no way a Ramsey type CB is coming out in the next couple of years, and even then there's no guarantee any player you draft will be a great player. Every draft pick is a crap shoot. I can't even count the "can't miss" guys that missed.

Ramsey was only 24, stays healthy, is very big and physical for a corner, super competitive, works hard, and was only unhappy with the Jags because they had a busy body owner and a dinosaur HC that simply couldn't bear to pay a great player market value.

The Rams always are going to draft 20 or lower with McVay as HC, and unless you get lucky, the odds of getting a HOF player there isn't great.

The Whit pick up was also a great one that doesn't get mentioned enough. He transformed this Oline and is without doubt the team leader.

Jags were (and are) nuts. Rams continue to swing for the fences.

Here's my bet for player acquisition in the post season: a really tough deep threat. Don't know if its the draft or FA. Because that's what's missing in this year's passing attack. As good as Woods and Kupp are, they are not field stretchers. Neither is Jefferson.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schrager: Rams trade for Ramsey might be best in last 10 years...

Rams43352January 12, 2021 08:15AM

I sure got that one wrong!

L.A.Rams180January 12, 2021 09:21AM

No different than a Draft, IMO. ALL hind sight.

Ramgator166January 12, 2021 09:24AM

He's been a great pickup..

sstrams124January 12, 2021 09:54AM

You can't win'em all; but the Rams won this one

RockRam142January 12, 2021 09:45AM