Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An interesting anecdotal post about Packers by oldnotdead...

January 11, 2021 06:51PM
Here’s oldnotdead...

My main concern is the weather. The Rams have shown they struggle in cold weather. It also could make the case for starting Wolford over Goff simply because of his thumb. The Ram dink and dunk offense is a good fit for cold weather. Also, the Packer run defense has benefited from their offense running up the score forcing teams out of their run game.

If the Ram D can keep the game close enough where the Rams can stay balanced then advantage Rams. If the Ram offense can get a lead and force GB to play from behind, again advantage Rams. So it all comes down to IMO how good the o-line plays. If they turn in a gem of a game the Rams have both the offense and defense to control the game.

A good friend of mine for over 25 years is a life long Packer fan. He told me two weeks ago the one team the Packers did not want to face is the Rams. In their opinion, they win next week and they will be in the SB. They aren't afraid in the least of the Saints. The Aints are good but they don't have the Rams D and they would have to play outdoors in the cold in GB. They have not forgotten their struggle against a Wade defense and understand Staley's is far more complex with much better personnel.

They also know that despite Rodgers being a fairly mobile QB, that the Rams know perfectly well how to defend mobile QBs.

Speaking of which the long term forecast is very favorable for the Rams. They are forecasting 31 deg with winds of 10 mph. If that holds I think we will see Goff at QB.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An interesting anecdotal post about Packers by oldnotdead...

Rams43292January 11, 2021 06:51PM