Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The GM That Built The Seahawks is Now Destroying Them

January 11, 2021 11:06AM
Rampage2K-
earlier this month there was reports the Lions were going to try to steal Schnieder....hope they read this....would like for him to stay in Seattle spin tounge smiley

[www.msn.com]

I am in the Schneider is overrated camp.

His draft strategy appears to be a lot like Snead's in that he trades down to get more picks. He also trades a lot for good players with the hopes of signing a longer deal a la Clowney, Dunlap, and Adams.

His first year with the Seahawks he did an amazing job of turning over the roster and took them from the oldest to one of the youngest. He brought in something like 128 different tryout players and within the first year there were only 11 guys on the roster that were there from the Jim Mora era.

My thinking is that he came from Green Bay as Associate GM where they had one of the better draft teams in the league. He had a rolodex of a ton of players that Green Bay liked for different reasons and was able to immediately bring in many of those players for Pete to select through to get a better roster.

Now he only has his guys and they have not been as good at drafts in the last several years. Especially at OL where it is the toughest to project.

Snead is a much better GM from everything I have seen. Way more consistency in the players he drafts across positions. Not to mention coaches. I'll bet it was Snead or someone on his team that found Staley and McVay.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The GM That Built The Seahawks is Now Destroying Them

Rampage2K-272January 11, 2021 10:44AM

they have done really well with free agents

ferragamo79229January 11, 2021 10:49AM

Re: they have done really well with free agents

Rampage2K-150January 11, 2021 10:50AM

huh?

ferragamo79112January 11, 2021 11:45AM

Re: The GM That Built The Seahawks is Now Destroying Them

BearlyThere169January 11, 2021 11:06AM