Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams are fine at QB

January 10, 2021 03:59AM
I have no preference other than to win with whichever QB is running the offense. But I think the Rams have a unique opportunity, assuming both Goff and Wolf are healthy, to use both as the situation demands.

Yesterday it was noted that the Hawks were unsure how to prepare their D since the 2 QB's run different styles of offense. McVey played it close to the vest to keep them guessing until game time. Wolf brings a certain level of excitement to the O with his feet, shifty style in the pocket and it seemed that the O-line was more effective and fired up when he was playing. Once hurt, Goff came in and everything felt a bit flat. The holes for Akers were tighter (no risk of the RPO) and the challenge seemed to grow for the O to get in gear. So what to do next week?

Use both. See how the Saints use Brees and Hill. Different situations demand different attack modes and the Pack will have trouble preparing for both. Start Goff (he's our leader out there regardless what anyone thinks) and bring in Wolf to give Goff's thumb a rest and to generate some push and D uncertainty. Just a play here or there, keep them guessing. Consider Wolf as the wildcat QB near the goal line or elsewhere, Goff as the game manager. Play situational football, activate Bortles as the "in case of emergency, break glass" guy and make the Packers guess the entire game.

Further, Goff operates much better in the hurry-up offense. Heck, bring in both at the same time and really mess with their D. As I said, I have no preference. Goff has the talent, Wolf brings some excitement and the Rams need both to win this game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams are fine at QB

Ramboni438January 10, 2021 03:59AM

Re: Rams are fine at QB

RamsFanFromRio201January 10, 2021 04:06AM

I see no comparison between the saints QB's and ours....

roman18247January 10, 2021 04:14AM

Re: I see no comparison between the saints QB's and ours....

Ramboni263January 10, 2021 05:47AM

roman18173January 10, 2021 06:23AM

DallasRam135January 10, 2021 08:52AM

roman18115January 10, 2021 09:08AM

Rams being fine at QB is quite a stretch...

Rams43128January 10, 2021 09:24AM

I disagree

six2stack148January 10, 2021 10:16AM

Again, I agree our QB situation in concerning...

JamesJM116January 10, 2021 10:18AM