Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Analytics and the Rams

January 04, 2021 08:35AM
Analytics is something very popular sometimes controversial now days in baseball not discussed so much in football.
I believe McVay is most likely a very analytical guy.

What we all know without getting very analytical is
A. The team that turns the ball over least
And
B. The team that posses the ball longer win football games at a much higher percentage
I'm not the kind of guy to research and know those exact percentages but I believe those to be facts.

This season we haven't been doing a great job on factor A
We have been doing a very good job at factor B.
Side note what a great job JW did yesterday of keeping chains moving and shortening the game.

I think McVay has figured out at a pretty early stage that as many here have noted this isn't the 2017 or 2018 offense.... that clearly the defense is the strength of the team and any chance at a Championship or just flat out being successful rides on that unit this year.

So what do you do? You play to your strengths.
Hold on to the football possess the game clock in your favor. Stands to reason the other team doesn't score if they don't have the ball....our Defense is pretty tough if you have to go length of field.

As fans it's way more exciting to see the big electric over the top play
splash TDs.....but we just aren't really built for that right now.
The name of the game for most teams and definitely this team is
3rd down conversion on offense
and getting teams off the field on 3rd down.....we lament how we give up a bunch of 3rd and longs but I'd bet the numbers show we are one of the best in the business at getting teams off the field on 3rd down.

This will sound ass backwards and I hate our red zone woes....but for this team how it's built

I'd bet McVay values those 8:30 minute drives that end up in 3 pts
Damn near as much as a 1 play 78 yrd TD.....the trick is not turning it over on those long drives converting 3rd downs and playing with rhythm
We aren't looking for shootouts
we want to shorten game limit the other teams opportunity against a real good defense.

They say defense wins championships ...i think our defense when fired up motivated can swallow any offense up(the chiefs may argue) but with Ramsey's ability to take away the other teams #1 it's a big deal....imagine if he can take away Davante Adams in a possible future matchup and we can get big pressure on Rodgers anything could happen!!

Anyway long and short don't turn it over possess the ball play the numbers and this team is a very tough out in the playoffs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 08:38AM by Headslap75.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Analytics and the Rams

Headslap75323January 04, 2021 08:35AM

Re: Analytics and the Rams

3030181January 04, 2021 09:06AM

turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...

LMU93135January 04, 2021 09:46AM

They had a turnover in EVERY game....

Ramsfsninmd139January 04, 2021 10:28AM