Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

9 played really well

January 03, 2021 04:05PM
Starting your career in a must-win game on the 5 yard line then throwing a TD pass to the defense... I mean you can't start a game any worse than that.

But you could just see him building himself back and settling in. And he did. The guy shocked the receiving weapons too btw. Everett didn't know what the heck was going on he's not used to QBs taking chances on him especially when he's covered. Bad thing is that Wolford now knows why Goff has a strong tendency to read past 81.

The scrap of #9 though is what is refreshing to me. He stands in the pocket well and with some calm which isn't easy with this line. I could tell myself (and I have and do) that Goff is going to really jump in proficiency if Whit comes back for this game which he should. But by that same token Wolford would look better too if you gave him the pre-Whit injury pass pro. The willingness to put up the contested throws is a big difference. For whatever reason Goff has gone into a shell in terms of what he looks for on certain plays and situations.

I liked the way today's offense used the entire field. Sideline to sideline. That was a positive step forward and now we have a backup who McVay will be more prone to put in the game (i.e. sitting his starting QB Goff) if 16 starts that playoff game in a rut. So either way we're in better shape right now and are a serious threat to Seattle since we're getting healthy here.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Look away

LSURAM388January 03, 2021 03:55PM

I loved how he was going through his progressions

Speed_Kills147January 03, 2021 03:59PM

The most interesting comment to come out of today, for me....

JamesJM131January 03, 2021 04:02PM

yeah I know what you mean but for me

Speed_Kills121January 03, 2021 04:09PM

9 played really well

merlin151January 03, 2021 04:05PM