Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A remarkable post on AD by Loyal...

January 02, 2021 08:38AM
I’m assuming that Loyal’s 7 year stats on all these players are accurate. Here’s Loyal...

After First Seven Years....
Demarcus Ware 99.5 sacks
Reggie White 95.0 sacks
Aaron Donald 85.5 sacks (15 games in 2020)
Derick Thomas 85.0 sacks

DW 384 solo tackles; 96 assted tackles; 127 TFL; 150 QB hits
RW No records until 1994
AD 244 solo tackles; 109 assted tackles; 129 TFL; 199 QB hits.
DT No records until 1994

The names listed with Aaron Donald are magical. White and Thomas are in the NFL HOF and DeMarcus Ware will be soon be eligible in 2022. Aside from the sack numbers, only Ware can be compared exactly to AD over the first 7 years in the NFL and so the magical names of Reggie White and Derrick Thomas are given the benefit of doubt due to their greatness. Donald is better than Ware in assisted tackles, tackles for loss, and QB hits over his first seven years. Only White and Ware have more sacks than AD over the first seven years, but wait. The other three guys are LDE or LBers and didn't work in the heart of the trenches like Aaron Donald has. AD gets double teamed by a Center/Guard or Guard/Tackle combos on almost every play. The LDE's are one-on-one with the less talented Right OT's and a TE/RB. LBers benefit from Olinemen being occupied by the Dline. Although AD is shifting around more often on the Dline, he is normally playing 3 Tech DT.

Aaron Donald needs to keep it up, but I think he is already a HOFer and is just adding to his incredible numbers. He is undoubtedly the best 3 Tech DT in the history of the game. I think if his numbers continue, he will be the best Defensive player to play the game, ever. I include Lawrence Taylor in that group.

Just for giggles, I compared the only other (besides John Randdle, maybe) is Warren Sapp with AD

Warren Sapp 64.5 sacks; 231 solo tackles; 79 aasted tackles; TFL incomplete; QB hits no records until 2006
Aaron Donald 85.5 sacks; 244 solo tackles; 109 assted tackles; 129 TFL; 199 QB hits.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A remarkable post on AD by Loyal...

Rams43302January 02, 2021 08:38AM

A PFF tweet on AD...

Rams43150January 02, 2021 08:41AM