Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been A Long Time ......... My Thoughts

December 27, 2020 04:03PM
Well, I visit almost daily, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and viewpoints. Not that anyone cares one iota, but here are mine. I have been a Herd member for a very long time, I just rarely post. I used to be told I was too negative, I thought I was just keeping it real.
I will say first off, I am a Huge McVay fan, I believe he is doing it with smoke and mirrors. Quite frankly, I think this team is void of talent in many areas.
On offense, I believe the OL is well below average, and McVay is handcuffed by them along with the QB. The are not a big strong OL, but they are not a small athletic OL either. They cannot line up and play smash mouth football ever. How many of these OL could start on other teams? Other than Whitworth, I would say ZERO.
The WR's, I love Kupp and Woods, but they are complimentary types. They have no outstanding physical traits. They are not fast, they are not physically imposing, they gutsy and gamers. I can't stand Reynolds, never could. The Rams need a large physical WR, and they need a receiver that can be a threat to get deep. Currently, there are none on the roster.
The RB's, they are ordinary, once again, no outstanding physical traits.
The TE's, they are ordinary, once again, no outstanding physical traits. Is anything starting to become clear?
The QB, I have been really waiting on Goff. But, I made the determination this season, he is below average. He is not savvy, he is not accurate, he does not have a strong arm, he does have great touch, and he is a subpar athlete. He is soft, and he is careless with the football. He is ordinary at ALL aspects of the QB position. He is special at absolutely nothing.
The offense, has ordinary talent at best, I give McVay credit for all he does with this offense. But, the offense has no real true identity.

Defensively, the Rams are decent, but have many weaknesses. Basically, the Rams secondary is really pretty good. The LB's are simply pretty sub par. The OLB's have proven very little. Don't feel good about any of them. Floyd is by far the best of the group, and he pretty ordinary. The ILB's are simply the worst in the NFL. They are simply terrible, terrible against the run, can't cover. Not even sure they could make other teams.
The DL is ok, Donald is amazing, once in a generation talent. They need a big stout DT. They get gouged in the running game all too often. Need more beef on the DL.

Special Teams are not good. Return teams are always a hold your breath play. Need a return man desperately!!! Hecker is usually great, but lately he has been extremely ordinary. Hopefully, the Rams have found a PK.

Basically, the Rams are in trouble in the division. San Francisco dominate the Rams when they have very little of their talent, once they get healthy, the Rams have virtually no shot at physically competing with the 49ers. Seattle does a much better job of accumulating and replenishing talent as well. Cardinals are gaining rapidly.

I see the Rams as a well coached team that is physically below average. They need size on both LOS desperately. They need speed on offense, period. ILB's are dreadful, and need a major talent upgrade.

The Rams are a finesse team and currently MUST be. They cannot line up and physically hold their own against a decent team. This leads me to what I believe is the biggest problem. Our GM Les Snead, does well in the area of secondary. He has obtained WR's that fits what McVay does very well. The team is very soft, and needs a major upgrade in physicality. Obviously, the QB situation could handcuff the team for years. Rams need to get a developmental QB.
Goff is not the answer, that is quite obvious at this point.

For Rams to compete in the future, they need to drastically improve the physicality of the team. I do not believe that Snead is the guy to accomplish this task. I doubt he will be let go, but I believe it is necessary for the future of the team.

Stay Well Herd, have a safe New Year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Been A Long Time ......... My Thoughts

RamFanInPA353December 27, 2020 04:03PM

Nice post PA..

sstrams107December 27, 2020 04:07PM

Re: Been A Long Time ......... My Thoughts

Classicalwit121December 27, 2020 04:10PM

Solid post, good thoughts..

max169December 27, 2020 04:16PM

Re: if you've been watching, u know I agree, particularly on Snead

spagsbacker114December 27, 2020 04:18PM