Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Personnel Groupings Rams Vs Whiners

December 01, 2020 07:50PM
I thought McVay had a bad game plan....maybe it was the short week along with the covid issues that cut it even shorter, but he was not on his A game.

Tried running on first and second down too many times when it was pretty clear early they were stuffing our runs....although Henderson blew a big opportunity for a big run by missing a huge hole on a cut back lane but somehow thought running into a pile of bodies was a better idea banghead

Exact opposite of last week when he was quick to realize the run wasn't there and just let Goff throw us to the win.... vs Niners it was like he was dead set on proving we can run...bad move

The Rams should have taking advantage of the weak link of the Niners in their LB's by running 12 personnel and attacking that group with TE's and RB screens but hardly ever did..... Goff is at his best when he gets out of the pocket, but hardly ever ran those plays either. The best drive of the day was when we just came out throwing but that wasn't until late in the 3rd qtr.

I don't mind him calling out Goff and it's not as big of a deal that the media and fans make it out to be when you consider Arians has been throwing the GoAT under the bus a ton lately, but I thought McVay should have taken some blame for this one....it's his job to have this team ready to play from the jump, but once again they came out flat and sloppy, starting with Brown fumbling..... Speaking of, I'm done with the whole committee thing he keeps trying to run....never liked it from the beginning and it's starting to get on my nerve. This team was at its best when we had ONE running back who was allowed to get into a rythm and a feel for the defense...yes, it was a healthy Gurley, but I think Akers has what it takes to come close and is why you drafted him with your first pick in the draft!! ask any RB and they will tell you they need at least 10 touches before they get a feel for the game....Delvin Cook is about the same exact size as Akers and gets at least 20 touches a game and is becoming one of the best RB's in NFL ...Let Akers take this thing over already!

Goff was one of only three QB's in NFL with three consecutive 300 yard games coming into last weeks game....No reason for that kind of regression after a hot streak, but it happened... it's McVay's job to self scout those games and go back to what works best when things are going south early.... I'm a huge McVay and Goff fan, but sometimes they drive me nuts!!!

End rant

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2020 07:51PM by Rampage2K-.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Personnel Groupings Rams Vs Whiners

RamsFanSince69328December 01, 2020 05:13PM

Rampage2K-134December 01, 2020 07:50PM

RamsFanSince69137December 02, 2020 10:08AM